Swiss Travel Pass emailed or mail by post?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 16:32:33 #811208

Hello Moderators/Fellow travellers,

i am about to buy the 15day swiss pass, i would like some advice, on if its okay to get the Epass, or should i have them mailed to me? there is an extra cost for shipping, that i would like to avoid, but if its better to have it mailed, then i really wouldnt mind paying.

please advise

Mayur

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 17:37:46 #860592

Hi Mayur,

It is much simpler and faster to buy the Swiss Travel Pass and get it emailed to you. Just print it out and you are good to go! Also, you have a back up to print again if you lose your pass!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 17:48:38 #860593

hey lucas,

thanks for the help. i have another question, once i have the passes.

– where is the best place to reserve seats for Glacier express, i went on glacierexpress website, and the Swiss Travel Pass was not listed for deductions.

– Also the website, said i can only make reservations, i cant buy the tickets. But with the swiss pass, i wouldnt have to buy the ticket correct? i just need to make the reservations right?

– the total cost for reserving seats for 6 passengers was about 198CHF, does that sound right?

please help.

Mayur

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 20:57:21 #860594

Hello Mayur. You don’t need to buy a ticket for the GL-Express, you have the Swiss Travel Pass. You just go to the GL-Express web site and keep going to make seat & time reservations with type of meal. You can also pick insurance for m$3.00/reservation. Take it… if you want to change your seats, time etc..you have to cancel the reservation, & re-book. They will take the $3.00! When you see the seats they select, you don’t have to take them, just click on other blank seats. I learned that the hard way. The tickets are 33CHF/prson 2nd cl.43CHF/person for 3 course meal ( you can get a less expensive plate). 8 Hr. ride, you are going to need to eat & drink. As you book the reservation it tells you all of this. [*Remember if you get a Swiss Travel Pass, you get a 50% reduction on the cost of 1st class. The diff from 1st class to 2nd class divided 1/2/ person. You have to do the upgrade at the train station, just make sure you reserve 1st class seats.*]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 22:13:58 #860595

i already booked the seats, that they picked, now if i want to change the seats, what do i do? and the first class upgrade is available only at stations? or i can do it online again?

thanks for your help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 2:11:56 #860596

Unfortunately you would have to cancel the reservation! It’s a poor website. It makes it look like those are the only seats available, and never indicates to choose others. I only discovered it by going back on many times to see if other seats were available, and clicking on other seats to find I could have chosen them in the first place. If you have the reservation insurance, it will cost you the 3CHF to cancel. You make the payment for the 1st class upgrade at the station, you can’t pay for any classes of the trip if you bought the Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 9:47:14 #860597

Hi Xandercage13,

Yes, if you made reservations and want to change them you will need to cancel and re-book.
    1st class upgrades are simpler to do and less expensive if done at the station. If you decide to book a 1st class seat then there is no rush to upgrade your ticket (just do it before boarding the train).

PS you can also bring your own food on board or order a la carte if you don’t pre-book a meal.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 15:10:06 #860598

thank you very much, u been very helpful.

any ideas about making reservations on the golden pass train.

i am going to leave from zermatt in morning and go to montreux first and then take the golden pass train to interlaken.

sincerely

Mayur Patel

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 17:42:59 #860599

Hi Mayur,

You don’t have to make reservations on the Golden Pass train but I think I would recommend it.
    you can find more information and make your train reservations here (a direct link at the bottom of that page).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 16:07:47 #860600

Hello Moderators,

after i booked my rail passes, i realized that , the passport number for my sister that i had given was wrong. her passport is expired and she has already applied for the renewal, but the renewed passport will have a new passport number. Will this be a problem? if it will be, then what do i need to do?

sincerely

Mayur

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 16:36:03 #860601

Hi Mayur,

You will need to contact the customer service line from whomever you bought the rail pass from and explain the situation. You may need to pay a service fee to get new passes re-issued.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 16:45:13 #860602

thank you very much. very helpful as always.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass emailed or mail by post?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.