Swiss train pass/ticket guidance for 7-day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 15:05:04 #817098

Hello!

I tried using the link to help pick which travel pass would be best for my husband and I but I am finding it a little difficult to understand.

Here is an overview of our travel itinerary over 7 days and I was wondering if anyone can point us in the right direction.

Zurich Airport – Lucerne

Mt.Pilatus

Mt. Rigi

Lucerne – Interlaken

Interlaken – Grindelwald – First

Interlaken – Lauterbrunnen

Interlaken – Zurich

Zurich – Zurich Airport

We would appreciate any insight and suggestions.

Thank you 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 19:10:42 #890306

Hi Jfblake23,

Without doing the math, I’d lean to just buying the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. By far the simplest/easiest option for you. It may be the cheapest in the end but hard to say exactly.

It also allows you to be quite flexible on your trip as well – just hop on any train you like and go (9/10 times anyway) 🙂

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price

You can also buy the Swiss Travel Pass online which is great. It can be emailed to you and printed at home (saving you time at the airport and giving you a copy to print out again in case you lose your pass).

• The thread ‘Swiss train pass/ticket guidance for 7-day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.