Train question for small stations & Harder Kulm

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2017 at 12:31:46 #813061

Hello everybody,

Just back from an amazing trip to Switzerland, will be submitting my trip report shortly. Couple of things that i experienced and wanted to clarify:

1. Does the Swiss travel Pass cover Harder Klum as I was charged 16 CHF per adult. Is that correct or did I miss something?
    2. I had disembarked from the boat on Lake Brienz at Ringgenberg so as to board a train back to Interlaken ost. However, i found that it was a very small station and was not sure whether trains stopped there and infact a train passed by while i waited at the train station. I finally boarded a bus which was just across the street from the train station. My question here is : Do trains stop at such small stations or is there any other alternative to inform in advance requesting a stop? If yes, how do we go about it?

Regards

Ravi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 August 2017 at 16:15:25 #868878

Hi Ravi-

<<“Do trains stop at such small stations or is there any other alternative to inform in advance requesting a stop? If yes, how do we go about it?”>>

The timetable will tell you.
    I just checked the online timetable, and it shows the bus connections. 3 per hour.

It also shows train connections once per hour at xx19. Once per hour is common for small local stations. Also, the full printed timetable shows that a local train stops once per hour at xx19. It is a regular stop, and does not require any signal.

Also, at the station, on the wall somewhere is always a list of departures and arrivals for that station.

Train departures are usually on a yellow poster, but not always at small stations.

If there is no such list, then there will be a list at the bus station of the bus schedule.

You may be thinking of the the practice that, at some small stations, local trains will only “Halt on Demand.”

In German – “Halt auf Verlangen.”

If that is the case, there will be a sign and a button to push.

Also, on board the train, there will be a button to push, marked to show its function.

The trains that bypass Ringgenberg are express trains.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2017 at 16:58:21 #868879

Hi Ravi,

There is a 50% discount to Harder Kulm on the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train question for small stations & Harder Kulm’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.