Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Booking of Swiss trains, seats and cable cars

Booking of Swiss trains, seats and cable cars

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Shreyashahi1
Shreyashahi1
4 posts
Dec 2, 2019 - 2:02 PM

Hi All,

I am travelling to Switzerland from 24 till 29 December 2019.
Request your help in clarifying below doubts-

1) I would be booking tickets from Paris to Genenva and Venice and To Rome. Once booked does it require me to do the reservations separately for seat booking?
If yes, then how can I do that?

2) Do we need to do time/seat reservations for Schiltron(free with Swiss Pass) and Mt.Titlis ( after purchasing tickets) ?

3) Mt. Titlis can be reached by Interlaken easily or Luzern?We will staying in Interlaken for 2 days.

Appreciate any positive response on this post.
Thanks in Advance

CabinJon
CabinJon
67 posts
Dec 2, 2019 - 3:44 PM

2) We went to Schilthorn & Titlis in October, no reservations needed for either one. You will need to show your STP to get free Schilthorn tickets, and buy Titlis tickets.

3) Schilthorn is easily reached from Interlaken Ost (1h 22m). Titlis is easily reached from Lucerne (1h 17m) but takes 3h 23m from Interlaken.

Shreyashahi1
Shreyashahi1
4 posts
Dec 2, 2019 - 11:26 PM in reply to CabinJon

Thank you CabinJon for the info.

1960man
1960man
2318 posts
top member
Dec 3, 2019 - 1:25 AM in reply to Shreyashahi1

International trains (especially TGV) will include the reservation in the booking

Titlis is Luzern's local high mountain, it is a long way from Interlaken.

Steph
Steph
2020 posts
top member &
Dec 3, 2019 - 6:08 AM in reply to Shreyashahi1

Hello Shreyashahi1 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Nice to hear you're coming to Switzerland just after Christmas.

Please find some additional helpful links to answer your questions in detail below:
- www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn
- www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis, make sure to check the "Route" tab for arrival
- www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken
- www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne
- www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity, don't miss the pdf map
- www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/howtotra vel

Hope this supports your request, otherwise feel free to get back to us anytime.

Best,
Steph

Also see:
- www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france
- www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy

Last modified on Dec 3, 2019 - 6:09 AM by Steph
Shreyashahi1
Shreyashahi1
4 posts
Dec 3, 2019 - 1:56 PM in reply to 1960man

Thanks 1960man and Steph.
Will check all the links shared.

Shreyashahi1
Shreyashahi1
4 posts
Dec 4, 2019 - 3:28 AM

I have booked the swiss pass. Can someone guide how can we make the seat reservation for the trains within Switzerland?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7837 posts
expert
Dec 4, 2019 - 5:10 AM in reply to Shreyashahi1

You don't need seat reservations for trains within Switzerland (except for a couple of touristy panoramic "express" trains). See www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations/howto use.

Your Swiss Travel Pass allows you to travel on almost all trains without a ticket. See www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Last modified on Dec 4, 2019 - 5:12 AM by rockoyster
Ildiko
Ildiko
477 posts
top member &
Dec 4, 2019 - 6:26 AM in reply to Shreyashahi1

Hi Shreyashahi1,

Swiss Travel Pass was a great choice, it will make your travel very easy and comfortable.

Rockoyster's right, no need for seat reservation (except you are traveling by some panoramic trains. You can see the list of the panoramic trains at www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/t rain.

Subiya
Subiya
1 post
Dec 4, 2019 - 11:35 PM in reply to Steph

Hi Steph,

I am planning my solo trip to Switzerland from the 24th till 28th December. I'll arrive at 7:45 on the 24th and will be taking a train to Bologna on the 28th(Lucern->Chiasso->Bologna). I will but the Swiss Pass for 5 days.

I was wondering if the trains are scheduled normal on the 25th and 26th of December?

Also I am planning to stay in Lucern for all the 4 nights, as I am thinking it will be kindof easy to travel across all other places like Zurich, Rhine falls, Titlis, etc. I would appreciate if you could suggest anything on this.

Regards

Subiya Tamreen

Ildiko
Ildiko
477 posts
top member &
Dec 5, 2019 - 6:20 AM in reply to Subiya

Hello Subiya Tamreen and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can find the timetable at www.myswissalps.com/ti metable, but everything will run, no worries.

As you are traveling to Italy from Lucerne, check this too: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy, it helps you how to buy your train ticket to Italy with Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucerne will be a good base for your trip, here you'll find more activity options in the area: www.myswissalps.com/la kelucerne/activities and www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities. You could even have a train trip to Interlaken (www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities).

For a list of recommended accommodations have a look at www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/hotels and www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/rentals.

Further information about the places you are planning to visit:

I hope this helps. Please, next time start a new thread as this one was originally Shreyashahi1's. See forum rules at www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules. Thank you! :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019