Changing trains Golden Pass Interlaken -Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2019 at 17:03:01 #821745

Hello,

I am trying to reserve the seats for Golden Pass from Interlaken OST to Montreaux. There is a train out at 9 am from Interlaken which reaches Zweismann at 10:20 and then leaves at 10:25 from Zweismann. Do we have to change trains? Is there anough time to change trains?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 May 2019 at 20:50:29 #912888

Hi Shradha –

The Golden Pass Route requires changes of train as the track gauge(standard gauge and meter gauge) changes on different sections. There is a plan in the works to allow rail cars to traverse the entire line, by changing the trucks housing the wheels on the cars. Apparently cheaper than changing the track gauge or laying a third rail inside the rails of the standard gauge sections.

http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

The name of the town is Zweisimmen – watch the spelling- it makes it easier to buy tickets if you spell the name correctly 😉 – and the station is very small:

map.search.ch/?pos=595222,155733&z=10 24&poi=zug

You may switch the map to aerial view for more information.

5 minutes is plenty of time. Standard practice at Swiss rail stations is to allow as little as 3 minutes. It works.

Your destination is spelled Montreux.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2019 at 21:01:27 #912889

Hello Slowpoke,

Apologize for the spelling errors.

I have already reserved seats for 9 am train from Interlaken OST to Zweisimmen that reaches at 10:20. So, according to you I am safe to book the train that leaves at 10:25 from Zweisimmen to Montreux? Possibilities of train arriving late?

Thanks

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 May 2019 at 21:31:39 #912890

<<“So, according to you I am safe to book the train that leaves at 10:25

from Zweisimmen to Montreux? Possibilities of train arriving late”>>

It is safe. Swiss trains are never late. Well, hardly ever. 😉 To be serious, there is an extreme emphasis on timeliness. It is almost a religion.

If it is late, the next train will wait, because they will try to keep the Golden Pass experience as a unitary experience, even though you have to change trains.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Changing trains Golden Pass Interlaken -Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.