Eurocity train 51 Basel to Milan sold out?

Eurocity train 51 Basel to Milan sold out?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
elbarcosr1
elbarcosr1
43 posts
Mar 13, 2017 - 4:23 PM

Maybe I am doing it wrong, or it is too early to book or is it sold out? I am looking at the fast train from Basel to Milan on July 4th, 2017. Specifically, @8:05 AM from Spiez to Milano Central.

Arno
Arno
9645 posts
expert &
Mar 13, 2017 - 4:52 PM

Hi elbarcosr1,

The train is not booked out, but some websites may not offer it yet as the travel date is more than 3 months ahead. Websites selling tickets can be found on myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy/price. As you live in the US I tried the US website www.raileurope.com/eur opean-trains/trenitalia/how-to-book.html and had no problem finding tickets from Basel and Spiez to Milan. The site www.trainline.eu does not sell them yet but I'm sure they will later.

Will you have a rail pass for Switzerland, like the Swiss Travel Pass? If so, you only need a ticket for the Italian leg: Domodossola to Milan.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 3:47 PM by Arno
elbarcosr1
elbarcosr1
43 posts
Mar 13, 2017 - 6:50 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you for the reply. I was only looking at Trenitalia and SBB. They both let me book the later train that day, but not the morning train for some reason. Our passes will have expired on July 3rd, which is why I am searching for the discount fares now. I guess I will book the 2 pm train and we can sleep in. Taking the 8 am train wasn't going to be a hit with my traveling companions anyway. Thanks again.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017