Eurocity train 51 Basel to Milan sold out?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 16:23:39 #811059

Maybe I am doing it wrong, or it is too early to book or is it sold out? I am looking at the fast train from Basel to Milan on July 4th, 2017. Specifically, @8:05 AM from Spiez to Milano Central.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 March 2017 at 16:52:51 #860041

Hi elbarcosr1,

The train is not booked out, but some websites may not offer it yet as the travel date is more than 3 months ahead. Websites selling tickets can be found on myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy/price. As you live in the US I tried the US website http://www.raileurope.com/eur opean-trains/trenitalia/how-to-book.html and had no problem finding tickets from Basel and Spiez to Milan. The site http://www.trainline.eu does not sell them yet but I’m sure they will later.

Will you have a rail pass for Switzerland, like the Swiss Travel Pass? If so, you only need a ticket for the Italian leg: Domodossola to Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 18:50:29 #860042

Thank you for the reply. I was only looking at Trenitalia and SBB. They both let me book the later train that day, but not the morning train for some reason. Our passes will have expired on July 3rd, which is why I am searching for the discount fares now. I guess I will book the 2 pm train and we can sleep in. Taking the 8 am train wasn’t going to be a hit with my traveling companions anyway. Thanks again.

• The thread ‘Eurocity train 51 Basel to Milan sold out?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.