Train station luggage lockers in Gruyeres?

Train station luggage lockers in Gruyeres?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 15, 2017 - 10:07 PM

Do all train stations have luggage lockers?? Specifically, does the Gruyeres station have luggage lockers? We'll be taking the train from Morges through Gruyeres to Interlaken and want to stop in Gruyeres for lunch - but hope not to have to take our luggage with us to a restaurant!

Thank you!!

rockoyster
rockoyster
927 posts
top member
Aug 16, 2017 - 3:52 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi swakba,

No, not all stations have luggage lockers or baggage services.

You can find out what services are offered at any station by searching for the station at www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations.html

If you don't see anything about lockers or baggage at the station then those services are not available. From what I can make out Gruyères does not have lockers or left luggage services.

Another member of the forum who has actually been to Gruyères may be able to confirm or correct my conclusion.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1186 posts
top member
Aug 17, 2017 - 2:14 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi swakba,

As rockoyster mentioned, Gruyères station does not have luggage storage facilities.

However, the Tourist Office might be able to help. Please see this earlier thread:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/luggage-storage-atnear-gruyere

Alpenrose

Last modified on Aug 17, 2017 - 2:15 AM by Alpenrose666
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 17, 2017 - 1:06 PM

Thank you so much, rockoyster & Alpenrose!! We'll check with the Tourist office - or hope that one of the restaurants will allow our luggage...

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 18, 2017 - 5:27 PM

This morning I found an email address for the Gruyeres' tourist office & emailed them about leaving our luggage while we have lunch. They emailed me back very quickly! No - no luggage lockers there BUT they would be glad for us to leave our luggage in the Tourist office while we have lunch & explore. They are closed from noon to 13:00 but we can take a later train to Interlaken. Wonderful!!

Again, thank you so much for the help here!!!

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2017 - 5:55 PM in reply to Removed user

And thank you for sharing your findings!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017