Swiss Travel Pass tickets to Titlis & Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2019 at 19:47:04 #822037

Hi…I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (11 and 7 years) and will buy swiss travel pass. Can you advise if this pass will be applicable in all trains upto Titlis and Jungfraujoch or I need to buy tickets in advance for any of the journey?

Thanks
    Ashish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 June 2019 at 20:51:19 #914194

Hello Ashish,

There is no need to buy tickets in advance.

For details of the Swiss Travel Pass coverage please see the map and narrative at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2019 at 5:22:13 #914195

hi in case of mount titlis pass gives u free travel till engelberg… afterwards its 50% discount for cable car

in case of Jungfrau… its free journey till Lauterbrunnen… after that 50% disccount on travel till Klein Schedigg and 25% discount on travel further till Jungfrau.

buy tickets thr only as u need to see the weather and decide if its worth going up on that particular day

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 June 2019 at 5:34:27 #914196

in case of Jungfrau… its free journey till Lauterbrunnen… after that 50% disccount on travel till Klein Schedigg and 25% discount on travel further till Jungfrau

Not quite correct Rahul. Swiss Travel Pass covers you fully to either Wengen or Grindelwald and is 25% discount from there onwards to the top.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2019 at 13:40:57 #914197

Thanks.

So how I need to buy the tickets to get the benefit of Swiss Travel Pass. I will be travelling from Basel.

Basel to Grindelwald – Free

or Basel to Wengen – Free (in this case have to go via Lauterbrunnen.)?

Grindlewald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch – via Kleine Scheidegg – 25% off

What are the chances of getting space in trains from Grindlewald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch in peak season? And when the tickets will be open to buy in advance? Is it 60 days?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2019 at 14:02:01 #914198

Also in addition to my previous query…

Folliwing is the link to book the tickets to Jungfrau. But it does not say the flexible date but it says Start date. What does it mean? Is it fixed day ticket or I can use this on and after the start date too?

shop.switzerlandtravel centre.com/#/en/produc t/excu rsionJungfrau

And for kids there is a message – Children who own a Swiss Family Card travel free of charge and don’t need an additional ticket.

I have 2 kids less than 16 years age. Do I need to make a selection here as if I select 2 kids it consider CHF 207 (total) price so not sure if I should make a selection for kids or not. I will be having Swiss Travel Pass and Family card as well.

Please advise.

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 June 2019 at 16:52:34 #914199

Hi Agarwal ashi,

The Jungfraujoch tickets issued by Switzerland Travel Centre have fixed dates, and I understand that the phrasing “Start date” can be somewhat confusing. So the date you enter should be your actual travel date for the Jungfraujoch trip. If you’re not sure about your travel date yet, you can wait and buy your tickets shortly in advance at one of the railway stations in the Jungfrau region. If you’re traveling in tourist peak saeson (July/August), tickets can get sold out though, especially on days with beautiful weather. If you want to ensure seats , seat reservations for the leg Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch are an option as well. Please refer to myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/tickets for more information.

Yes, if you have a Swiss Travel Pass (myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass) plus a Swiss Family Card (myswissalps.com/swissf amilycard), your children under 16 travel along for free. They don’t need tickets, so just enter “0” in the children’s section.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 June 2019 at 21:03:32 #914200

My advice is not to buy tickets for Jungfraujoch until you are in the area and the weather forecast is favourable. You can beat the crowds by setting off as early as possible.

You might want to read this thread – bit.ly/2OCvF9c.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2019 at 21:07:23 #914201

Thanks Annika for your response.

My problem is I have fixed travel dates and will be having 2 full days to visit. 1 day I have plan to go to Jungfraujoch and 2nd day to Titlis. So dont have option to check the weather and plan. It is all luck. So I dont want to miss the trains due to unavailability. When you say tickets can get sold out, are you referring train tickets only to Jungfraujoch or is there any separate ticket to Jungfraujoch entry?
    I assume if I have Swiss Travel Pass then if I do my seat reservations in advance then I can guarantee my space in specific train?
    My doubt is people who have Travel pass or buy tickets can’t guarantee a seat until they reserve a seat ? Is it correct?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 15:45:13 #914202

Hello Agarwal Ashi,

I’m sure the universe will be in your favour for the two days you have available! Fingers crossed!

If you have a ticket to the Jungfraujoch (which you also need if you have a Swiss Travel Pass) but NO seat reservation, the worst that can happen is that you have to skip a train and wait for the next one, but you are guaranteed to travel! This can sometimes happen in the summer months, when there’s a lot of visitors.

To purchase the discounted tickets to the Jungfraujoch and if wanted also the seat reservation for a fixed train use below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages

Hope this is understandable.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 15:54:34 #914203

Thanks Steph.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass tickets to Titlis & Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.