Train tickets Lucerne to Milan -Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 16:01:13 #817070

We two are travelling from lucerne to Milan via arth goldau on 31.07.18. We are having Swiss pass. I tried booking tickets on Sbb Website but i could not find pass holder fare. Can you please guide me from where I can book pass holder fare ticket.

Is chiasso border of Switzerland and Italy?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 July 2018 at 5:59:36 #890194

Welcome to MySwissAlps Ankur!

As you live in India you can get pass holder tickets here: http://www.raileurope. co.in/train/italian-international-trains (click “I have a rail pass” while filling out trip details). This is just one of the options though. With a Swiss Travel Pass you don’t need tickets for the Swiss leg of your trip, which is Lucerne to Chiasso, so alternatively you can simply buy a regular ticket for the Chiasso to Milan section only. You can do so here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price.

SBB is the domestic site so it does not offer discounts for the tourist passes. Theoretically you can pick “GA” which is not the same thing but it should result in the same discount.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 6:17:51 #890195

Thanks for info. Actually rail europe does not show train for 15:18 from lucern . Is there anyway to book ticket from lucern to chiasso with swiss pass in advance as this is season time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 14:56:04 #890196

Hi Ankur,

Reservations are often not possible for many Swiss trains but you can look to make reservations on one of the sites listed here if available: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/reservatio ns/price

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 5:44:37 #890197

I downloaded train italia app, and accordingly booked my all italy local train ticket and luzern to venice ticket from that site only……..well 5 months in advance itself without any administartive fees etc which is usually 15% at indian rail europe site…….as i will be travelling with winter tell pass, and hence, i neednt to check with any pass benefits either….so i dont know exactly pass benefits at trenitalia.it site……….

• The thread ‘Train tickets Lucerne to Milan -Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.