Train ticket Zürich-Milano with Swiss Travel Pass

• jesse
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 December 2017 at 22:14:28 #813840

Hi All

Please kindly advise how to book Return train ticket with reservation from Zürich HB – Milano Centrale with following travel pass: 2 Adults (2 Swiss Travel Pass-Fist Class) & 1 Child (13 yrs old with Swiss Family Card)

SBB web only shows reduction for GA 1 Cl; GA 2 Cl; Half-Fare Travelcard; Junior Card / Rail Plus

If you dont mind, can you let me know how much total amount I need to pay? CHF122 Or I can just buy the tickets with reservation at any SBB station in person with same amount

Thanks in advance

Jesse

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2017 at 9:29:46 #873025

Hi Jesse,

You have two options:

1. The easiest one: you only purchase a ticket for the part of the trip that is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. In your case that would be from Chiasso to Milano and back. The total price will be CHF 112,- ( CHF 42,- per adult, CHF 28,- per child). More information can be found under “Traveling beyond the area covered by the pass” on this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse. The only disadvantage is that you won’t have seat reservations for the first part of the trip. So, if by any chance your seats are booked by other travelers as of Chiasso you’ll have to change seats.
    2. This option only works when you’re traveling from a country with a good Rail Europe-site, like the USA for example. Please visit this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price and select “Unites States” from the drop down list where it says “country of residence.” You’ll see Rail Europe listed as one of the retailers. They allow you to select the Swiss Travel Pass, so you will get reservations for the entire trip but you’ll only pay for the Italian leg.

You could also buy the tickets at any staffed SBB station, but it’s more convenient to have the tickets purchased online.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 December 2017 at 19:40:49 #873026

Hi Jesse,

The GA 1 Cl is the reduction which is equivalent to the Swiss Travel Pass you have.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 December 2017 at 9:58:41 #873027

Hello Jesse,

I’ve not purchased international tickets at a staffed service desk myself, but as far as I know they charge a CHF 10 per person additional service fee in such cases (unlike domestic tickets). It’s called “SBB Auftragspauschale International”. So I’d recommend to buy online, that will also secure the seats for the date and time of your choice. I also recommend to check various websites as prices may vary depending on when and where you buy your tickets. Check SBB but also the link Chantal gave you and the retailers listed there.

• The thread ‘Train ticket Zürich-Milano with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.