Train tickets Zurich Airport to Grindelwald

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ZO123
ZO123
1 post
Nov 7, 2018 - 9:19 AM

Hello,

My family ( 2 adults, children 13 and 10 years) is travelling from Zurich Airport to Grindelwald and back in early January. No other travel plans from Grindelwald. So I would like to know:

1) which is the cheapest ticket for us. We don't have any Swiss rail travelcards.

2) Do I need to buy tickets in advance or I can do it in Zurich airport. Does ticket price change?

3) As I looked up, I have 2 or 3 train changes and different routes , so can I take any train I want?

Thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
9613 posts
expert &
Nov 7, 2018 - 4:39 PM in reply to ZO123

Hi ZO123 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can look for Super Saver tickets on the SBB timetable here (marked with % sign): www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. They are cheaper than regular tickets but are for a specific train departure/connection. A Saver Day Pass could also work for you if bought far enough in advance: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass
  2. Tickets or rail passes don't sell out but the Saver Day Pass must be bought online. Tickets can be bought online (www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets) or at the rail station. Prices don't change for tickets.
  3. Regular tickets can be used for any departure time on the date you buy it for. Prices should only fluctuate with those supersaver tickets; normally the 2 change option would be the same price as the 3 train change option so you can take either.
Last modified on Nov 7, 2018 - 4:39 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018