Train timetable for Montreux to Brig via Spiez

Train timetable for Montreux to Brig via Spiez

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
crazydaisy52
crazydaisy52
10 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 7:12 AM

Hi everyone, this is a fantastic site, thank you all for your insights. I wish to travel from Montreux to Brig via Spiez at around 10 am on 4/9/2018. When I use the train timetable all I get is the scenic trains which advise that reservations are required. I don't want to go on the Golden Pass train again, as we will be coming that way from Zurich and will already have experienced it. How can I bring up the ordinary train timetable? I've tried using the advanced timetable but get the same response. I've been trying for 4 days now with no luck. Even if I wanted to go on the Golden Pass train again, no seat reservations are available. This is the only route I am having problems with. What am I doing wrong? Crazydaisy52.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3927 posts
expert
Jul 1, 2018 - 8:08 AM in reply to crazydaisy52

Hello Daisy,

Is there some reason you want to go via Spiez. You can get a direct train from Montreux to Brig.

If you do want to go via Spiez the you should search Montreux to Brig Via Spiez and Kandersteg (for most scenic route). Just avoid the offering that takes you to Visp to Spiez to Brig. Instead pick the route that goes through Lausanne and Bern.

Whichever way yo go there is no ned to follow the Golden Pass route again.

Last modified on Jul 1, 2018 - 8:09 AM by rockoyster
crazydaisy52
crazydaisy52
10 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 9:27 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks, Rockoyster, I've read a lot of the trip reports and advice given on this site and decided to go via Spiez and Kandersteg, as all seem to agree it's the most scenic.I did try the Montreux to Brig option and realised that it went to Spiez and back from Visp, so not really what I wanted. Will give your directions a go. Thanks again. Crazydaisy52.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018