Train timetable for Montreux to Brig via Spiez

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 7:12:03 #817000

Hi everyone, this is a fantastic site, thank you all for your insights. I wish to travel from Montreux to Brig via Spiez at around 10 am on 4/9/2018. When I use the train timetable all I get is the scenic trains which advise that reservations are required. I don’t want to go on the Golden Pass train again, as we will be coming that way from Zurich and will already have experienced it. How can I bring up the ordinary train timetable? I’ve tried using the advanced timetable but get the same response. I’ve been trying for 4 days now with no luck. Even if I wanted to go on the Golden Pass train again, no seat reservations are available. This is the only route I am having problems with. What am I doing wrong? Crazydaisy52.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 July 2018 at 8:08:17 #889890

Hello Daisy,

Is there some reason you want to go via Spiez. You can get a direct train from Montreux to Brig.

If you do want to go via Spiez the you should search Montreux to Brig Via Spiez and Kandersteg (for most scenic route). Just avoid the offering that takes you to Visp to Spiez to Brig. Instead pick the route that goes through Lausanne and Bern.

Whichever way yo go there is no ned to follow the Golden Pass route again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 9:27:10 #889891

Thanks, Rockoyster, I’ve read a lot of the trip reports and advice given on this site and decided to go via Spiez and Kandersteg, as all seem to agree it’s the most scenic.I did try the Montreux to Brig option and realised that it went to Spiez and back from Visp, so not really what I wanted. Will give your directions a go. Thanks again. Crazydaisy52.

• The thread ‘Train timetable for Montreux to Brig via Spiez’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.