How early to arrive at Geneva airport for flight?

How early to arrive at Geneva airport for flight?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pwnurse1
Pwnurse1
28 posts
Feb 2, 2018 - 7:13 PM

hello!

I will be staying in St Saphorin, along lake Geneva. My question is how much time do I need to get to the airport, check in, check bags,security,etc? 1st train out of that station is 5:40 am and it takes approx 1 hr 20 min to get to Geneva airport. Is this enough time? Is the train station go right to the airport and close to the gates? I am a bit nervous.

Thank you!

Pwnurse1
Pwnurse1
28 posts
Feb 2, 2018 - 7:16 PM

I forgot to mention my flight leaves at 9:20 am(3 of us). Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
7127 posts
expert &
Feb 2, 2018 - 7:37 PM in reply to Pwnurse1

Airlines will often tell you how early they want their customers to arrive at the airport.

Typically 2 hours is the minimum to arrive at an airport for international flights (outside the US at least). Zurich airport has been very speedy as far as security etc for me, but I haven't been to Geneva airport.

Last modified on Feb 2, 2018 - 8:20 PM by Arno
Pwnurse1
Pwnurse1
28 posts
Feb 2, 2018 - 8:27 PM in reply to Lucas

I guess we could chance it. The train arrives at the airport at 7am and our flight is at 9:20 am Swiss airlines. I will look at the Geneva airport map to see where the train station is and the gate we are flying out of.Thank you so much for your help!

Lucas
Lucas
7127 posts
expert &
Feb 3, 2018 - 8:22 AM in reply to Pwnurse1

Here is an information site on Geneva airport with some direct links listed for the airport itself.

Happy travels!

Pwnurse1
Pwnurse1
28 posts
Feb 3, 2018 - 1:21 PM in reply to Lucas

Great! Thanks so much!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018