Using train before getting Lausanne Transport Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 11:27:55 #816778

We will be arriving at the Lausanne train station from Paris. I have a confirmation from my hotel. Knowing we would receive a Lausanne travel pass upon checking in at our hotel, is it possible to use the metro BEFORE checking in by using the confirmation as a pass in lieu of purchasing an actual metro ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 16:00:10 #888907

Hi Cslist mw and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Another member had a similar question with the Montreux Riviera Card. He contacted the hotel and they emailed him a PDF copy of the pass that he could print and show to use before arriving at the hotel.

I would suggest you contact your hotel and see if that is something they can do as well. It depends partly on the hotel and partly on Lausanne Metro being ok with it. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 19:01:45 #888908

Brilliant!

Worth a try… I know it’s not a big deal to buy a metro ticket, but why pay more.

Thank you for your response.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 0:17:42 #888909

It also depends on where your hotel is. A walk, bus or trolleybus might be better than the metro

• The thread ‘Using train before getting Lausanne Transport Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.