Using train before getting Lausanne Transport Pass

Using train before getting Lausanne Transport Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Cslist mw
Cslist mw
2 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 11:27 AM

We will be arriving at the Lausanne train station from Paris. I have a confirmation from my hotel. Knowing we would receive a Lausanne travel pass upon checking in at our hotel, is it possible to use the metro BEFORE checking in by using the confirmation as a pass in lieu of purchasing an actual metro ticket?

Lucas
Lucas
8881 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 4:00 PM in reply to Cslist mw

Hi Cslist mw and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Another member had a similar question with the Montreux Riviera Card. He contacted the hotel and they emailed him a PDF copy of the pass that he could print and show to use before arriving at the hotel.

I would suggest you contact your hotel and see if that is something they can do as well. It depends partly on the hotel and partly on Lausanne Metro being ok with it. :)

Cslist mw
Cslist mw
2 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 7:01 PM in reply to Lucas

Brilliant!

Worth a try... I know it's not a big deal to buy a metro ticket, but why pay more.

Thank you for your response.

1960man
1960man
514 posts
top member
Jun 23, 2018 - 12:17 AM

It also depends on where your hotel is. A walk, bus or trolleybus might be better than the metro

Last modified on Jun 23, 2018 - 12:17 AM by 1960man

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018