Ticket to Jungfraujoch with rail pass discount

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 19:09:07 #888401

I am not able to makeout anything from the map.

On SBB timetable, i can see train from Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg.

Then we have cogwheel from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau.

So with STP, do we have free ticket until Kleine Scheidegg ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 19:15:59 #888402

I’m not sure why you can’t make out anything on the map. You should be able to zoom in on a computer without issue.

Either way, no you are only covered until Wengen on the Swiss Travel Pass. You’ll need to buy a ticket for the rest of the trip to Jungfraujoch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 23:43:31 #888403

Hey Arno,Lucas,

Please correct me if i am wrong. Based on my understanding there are 2 ways to go to Jungfrau from Interlaken

Route 1: Interlaken -> Grindelwald -> Klein Scheidegg -> Jungfrau

Route 2: Interlaken -> Lauterbrunenn -> Wengen -> Klein Scheidegg -> Jungfrau

In route 1 and 2, till what stops tickets are free with STP ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 4:22:34 #888404

>> In route 1 and 2, till what stops tickets are free with STP ?

• Route 1 – Swiss Travel Pass provides free travel as far as Grindelwald.
    • Route 2 – Swiss Travel Pass provides free travel as far as Wengen

It is worth making an effort to understand the Swiss Travel Pass validity map, which shows you what is free and what is discounted.

As explained in the legend on the map:

• Red lines are trains, yellow lines are buses, black lines are cable cars, white lines are boats.
    • Solid lines are free.
    • Dotted lines are discounted: discounts are mostly 50%, but only 25% for transport where you see the number “1” inside a circle near the dotted line. I have attached a screenshot of the Jungfrau Region from that map, together with a screenshot of the legend, which explains free and discounted travel.
    • There are a few grey lines on the map as well, which indicate transport that is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.
    • Dashed red lines on the map are railway tunnels, all of which are on routes that are free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Alpenrose

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘Ticket to Jungfraujoch with rail pass discount’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.