About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Train to Paris after 2 days in Lucerne
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Train to Paris after 2 days in Lucerne

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jjresto23
Jjresto23
2 posts
Jun 26, 2021 - 11:53 PM

New to this site. We are doing a viking cruise early next year that finishes in Lucerne for two days. What is the best service and route to go from Lucerne to Paris?

Annika
Annika
6481 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2021 - 10:47 AM in reply to Jjresto23

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Jjresto23!

The quickest route from Lucerne to Paris run via Basel. You can change trains there and head straight for Paris. The entire journey takes about 4h45. You'll find all details using the timetable: www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

Do you plan to use a rail pass for your stay in Lucerne? If so, part of your outbound journey might be discounted or for free. So I advise you not to buy tickets for the ride Lucerne-Paris until you've decided if you'll be using a pass. Tips on how to find the right one can be found at www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass, and more information on tickets from/to France is available at www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/france.

In case you need some inspiration for your stay in Lucerne, please refer to www.myswissalps.com/lucerne.

I hope this gets you started. Let us know if you have further questions!

Jjresto23
Jjresto23
2 posts
Jun 27, 2021 - 11:37 AM in reply to Annika

Annika,

Thank you very much for the information. My next two questions were in the rail pass and some enjoyable things to do for two days in Lucerne.

I will visit the sites you recommended.

Thank you! Jon

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion 25% discount
Only if purchased in July 2021. Free cancellation.
Buy via the SBB travel centre at https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com or HappyRail at https://www.happyrail.com/swiss-travel-pass.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021