Train to Zurich Airport from Luzern early morning

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 19:14:53 #811370

Good day and thank you for all the forum posts! I have learned so much!

We have a flight out of Zurich Airport at 9:40 am on Saturday, 1 July. Heading to the USA. We will actually be in Luzern the night before. We know we’ll need to leave early and will take a train from Luzern to Zurich International Airport using our STP’s. Any suggestions/advice/warnings about the timing? We’ll need to take a taxi to the train station in Luzern. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 5:31:27 #861386

Hi Riddle,

I don’t think there is too much to worry about here. As a rule of thumb, personally, I pick the train that gets me to the airport at the time I want and then take one train earlier – but that’s me. 🙂

Currently, trains leave roughly every 30 minutes starting at 04:55. Some trains are direct and some require a change at Zurich main train station.

You can check schedules here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 13:13:15 #861387

Hi there Lucas – thanks a bunch. Would you mind sending me the link of train schedules? Have a great day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 17:18:28 #861388

Yes of course!

You can find the link for train schedules here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train to Zurich Airport from Luzern early morning’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.