6 minutes enough to change trains in Interlaken?

• CJ5
    Participant
    18 posts
    21 April 2018 at 17:38:42 #815455

Thinking of purchasing a ticket that will only have 6 minutes to transfer trains in Interlaken Ost. (going from R124 to R6711) will that be enough time to transfer? will have one piece of luggage.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    21 April 2018 at 17:48:40 #882868

Hi CJ5! No worries, 6 minutes is enough to change trains, especially if you only have one piece of luggage.

Note that most tickets aren’t valid for one specific train. Regular tickets are valid all day, so even if you miss one train you can simply board the next. Exceptions are special tickets such as supersaver tickets; these can only be used for specific trains with specific departure times.

CJ5
    Participant
    18 posts
    21 April 2018 at 18:08:33 #882869

thanks for that info. One more question – when I am researching train times from Domodossola (for our trip into Switzerland) on SBB site – which Domodossola do i select if final destination is Lauterbrunnen? The drop down for Domodossola has many selections to pick from.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 April 2018 at 18:20:41 #882870

Domodossola (I).

The first one (without extra names for bus stops, secondary train stops, etc.), is always the main station.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘6 minutes enough to change trains in Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.