Swiss Transfer Ticket for Zermatt and Gornergrat?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2018 at 17:32:30 #814929

I am thinking that a Swiss transfer ticket is my best deal. We have two dates to travel to and from Zermatt, then perhaps take the train to Gonergrat during our stay. Does this sound like the right choice?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2018 at 19:52:30 #879681

Hi Hammer and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Without knowing the itinerary of your entire trip in Switzerland I can’t comment on the best rail pass.

Is this all you are planning to do while in Switzerland? If so, you can compare regular train ticket prices to the cost of a Swiss Transfer Ticket (It won’t cover the Gornergrat trip of course). The 1st price found on the Swiss railways timetable here is the Swiss Half Fare Card price, so double it to get the regular price.

If you have more trips around Switzerland you should read our page on how to choose the best rail pass first.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2018 at 21:37:37 #879682

Thanks Lucas,

Do you know if the Swiss half fare ticket is good for the train trip from the airport to Zermatt?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 March 2018 at 0:31:50 #879683

Yes it is. There are very few places where the Swiss HalfFare Card is not good for a discount. See http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/validi ty

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket for Zermatt and Gornergrat?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.