Best train route from Interlaken to Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 15:46:17 #811008

Hi,

I am travelling to switzerland in the month of april with my family. I will be staying in lucerne and interlaken. From interlaken , I plan to travel to paris. I have the following questions regarding the journey :

1. Which is the best route to take ?

2. Also I was checking the itinerary for the trains and most of them have 1 or 2 changes, wherein I will have to shift another train. I see that the time between the changes is 5 – 10 mins depending on the trains selected . Is it possible to switch trains in such a short time alongwith family and luggage. If I miss the train , would there be other options . I don’t want to end up getting stuck at the intermediate stations

Thanks in advance for the response

-Basavaraj

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 16:45:57 #859787

Hi Basavarajb and welcome to MySwissAlps!

5 to 10 minute connection times is quite standard here in Switzerland and it is usually no problem. This can get complicated with a lot of luggage or with young kids or the elderly.

The best route is the route with the fewest changes and/or with 10 to 15 minutes or more between trains (if that is a concern for your group).

Often you can get a train with just one change in Basel but it depends on the departure/arrival times you want or need on your day of travel. You can check the train options here and tickets here.

There are many trains per day leaving Basel that will get you to Paris (it may be direct or may involve another change or two of trains but you won’t be stuck in there for hours waiting.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Best train route from Interlaken to Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.