Which pass for trains in Switzerland for 2 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 13:51:46 #810951

Me and my wife intend to travel in Switzerland as part of our travel in europe. My age is 60 yrs and wife’s age is 56. We intend to be in switzerland for two nights on Apr 30 & May 1st. We intend to purchase Euro rail global pass. We intend to stay either at Luzerne or Interlaken. We have not yet decided. We intend to visit Mt Titlis and Jungfrau. Do we get any concessions when we use any public transport or trains in Switzerland. Or is there a separate pass which we need to buy when we travel in Switzerland.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    3 March 2017 at 14:41:40 #859571

Thanks for joining us, kannanunni!

The Eurail Global Pass does provide discounts for traveling in Switzerland. This page explains what’s covered and what’s discounted. For a two or three days’ stay it probably won’t be worth purchasing an additional pass for Switzerland. Here‘s how to calculate your options.

As for the best base town: both Lucerne and Interlaken would be fine. Titlis is closer to Lucerne, Jungfraujoch is closer to Interlaken. So you can either stay overnight in both towns or pick one base town and make a longer day trip to the other mountain; please consult the timetable. Note that both towns offer more than enough to enjoy yourself for days or even weeks (refer to the links I inserted), so if you don’t mind skipping either Titlis or Jungfraujoch you can easily make many other, shorter day trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 5:03:16 #859572

Will making Berne, our base point , for onward visit to Mt Titlis and Jungfrau be ok. Since our stay will be limited to two nights, we are confused as to which of the above we should visit. Our friends here in India are divided in their opinions on either of these places. The extra point for Mt Titlis, seems to be the cable car drive to Mt Titlis. would it be possible for us to visit both the places during our two day stay. Want your suggestion on this.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 March 2017 at 14:45:04 #859573

Hi kannanunni,

If you don’t mind two longer day trips from Bern then yes, you can certainly visit both Titlis and Jungfraujoch. Did you check the timetable I mentioned to find out how long those trips will take? If you’re fine with the traveling times you’re ready to go. Please find hotels in Bern at myswissalps.com/bern/h otels.

• The thread ‘Which pass for trains in Switzerland for 2 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.