Hopping on and off trains โ€“ any issues?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 6:36:32 #811362

Hi again, I also have a beginner question about the train trip ๐Ÿ™‚ Does the train stop at the stations giving us some time to see around or does it just keep moving for 5-6 hours and we can only see around by window? In Goldenpass line for example, is it possible to hop off in Interlaken, wander around and then take the next to go Zweisimmen? Is this possible in all the lines? Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 9:04:19 #861331

Hi Begumozguler and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Trains will stop at some stations โ€“ you can find the connections/stops and train schedules here. If you are traveling on a Swiss travel Pass (or any normal train ticket) you can hop off and on as you wish. The only time you canโ€™t is if you have bought a โ€œSupersaverโ€ point to point ticket which is valid for a specific train and time.

Yes, if you donโ€™t make reservations on the Golden Pass panoramic train then you can hop on and off like any other train as mentioned above. You can take the panoramic train or a regular train on the Golden Pass route. I think between Interlaken and Montreux I would stay on the train and enjoy the scenery. Not too much need to hop off at the small towns and look around (unless you have something specific in mind).

Lucas

• The thread โ€˜Hopping on and off trains โ€“ any issues?โ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.