Train from Wilderswil to Jungfraujoch round trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2018 at 17:38:34 #817859

We’ll be getting on the train to Jungfraujoch from Wilderswil station on Sat Sept 1, and have a few questions which appreciate some help with.

1. Can I assume the train will always stop at Wilderswil and will not skip the station?

2. Anything we need to watch out for at Wilderswil station? MySwissAlps.com doesn’t talk about this station much.

3. With the same round trip ticket, can we get off the train mid stream, e.g. at Wengen, spend some time there, and get on another train to continue our journey to Jungfrajoch ?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    14 August 2018 at 5:36:33 #894121

A lovely trip. I did it in 2015.

1: yes

2: Wildiswil is near Interlaken. A very pleasant place with a good, clean station. You will have no problems.

3: What ticket do you have? Others are probably better equipped than me to properly answer question #3

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 6:34:45 #894122

Thanks Gunzel.

We plan on parking our rental car at the hotel in Wilderswil and walk over to the station. Want to make sure there is no unpleasant surprises 🙂

The ticket we plan on getting is “Jungfrau – Top of Europe”, from Wilderswil to Jungfraujoch, adult price CHF 206 (HFC CHF 103). It is supposed to be a round trip ticket between the two stations. I wonder if we can get off midstream, and get back on a later train to resume the journey to Jungfrajoch.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/tickets/bergbahn/ang ebote/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/billete-jungfraujoch

Many thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 12:51:26 #894123

Hi North Sky,

1. You can search for train departures from Wilderswil to Jungfraujoch here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable
    2. Nothing tricky about the station no. 🙂
    3. Yes, all train tickets in Switzerland are valid all day (unless you reserve a specific time at an extra cost). So if you want to stop along the way you can.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 16:23:10 #894124

Cool! Thanks Lucas.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    14 August 2018 at 20:31:53 #894125

I wonder if the ticket you’re purchasing is valid for a circular trip; i.e. via Lauterbrunnen one way and Grindlewald the other?

Whatever, make sure you’re on the correct section of the train departing Wilderswil as it divides along the way.

A very pleasant day out; hope the weather does the right thing.

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 21:02:11 #894126

It doesn’t say clearly that it is a circular trip, but it is not restricted to a certain direction either, so I am going to assume we can go up and return either directions 🙂

Yes the weather speaks for everything. Hope it works out for us. Thanks for your advice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2018 at 6:58:12 #894127

you will be fine – the price is the same via Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. 🙂

• The thread ‘Train from Wilderswil to Jungfraujoch round trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.