Train Zermatt to Paris with Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 20:58:51 #812270

I’ll be traveling from Zermatt to Paris in September. I’ve looking at train itineraries from SBB website.

This is one option:

Fri, 29.09.17

Zermatt dep 09:13

Paris-Gare de Lyon arr 16:03

One of the connections shows:

Zermatt dep 09:13

Visp arr 10:22

Visp dep 10:35

Lausanne arr 12:10

My question is:

Are 13 min is enough time to transfer trains? I’ll be buying a Half Fare Card for 1 month, when selecting to buy the ticket I only see the option of “half fare card 1/2/3 years”, can I choose this with the card I’ll be buying?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 14:56:59 #865140

Hi anasilva, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Zermatt dep 09:13 – Visp arr 10:22 – Visp dep 10:35 – Lausanne arr 12:10

Are 13 min is enough time to transfer trains?

Yes, that is plenty of time. You will arrive at Visp on platform 3, and your next train departs from platform 5, just one platform across. (You can see that in the timetable.) There are ramps between the underpass and the platforms.

>> I’ll be buying a Half Fare Card for 1 month, when selecting to buy the ticket I only see the option of “half fare card 1/2/3 years”, can I choose this with the card I’ll be buying?

Yes, that should be OK, but I will leave it to someone else to confirm.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 June 2017 at 17:48:01 #865141

Hi Anasilva,

For trips to France that option should work even with the 1-month tourist version of the Swiss Half Fare Card. You can also just buy a regular ticket from the border to Paris here, and buy the discounted ticket for the Swiss leg separately, either online or once you’re in Switzerland. The Swiss leg won’t sell out so no need to buy it way in advance.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘Train Zermatt to Paris with Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.