Trains from Lugano to Pisa

Trains from Lugano to Pisa

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jeyaraman
Jeyaraman
9 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 7:16 AM

I am planning to stay 1 night in Lugano on 15th June and leave for Pisa by train on 16th June. Which sites should I go to book the tickets. Does it involve booking in different rail networks? Is it possible to book the tickets in advance now itself for the train journey on 16th June.Can we travel by bus from Lugano to Pisa and if so which site should I go to for details and booking the tickets.

Thanks and regards

Jeyaraman

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 7:19 AM in reply to Jeyaraman

Hello Jeyaraman

You could start here www.rome2rio.com/map/L ugano/Pisa

And also read www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy.

Last modified on Apr 10, 2018 - 7:20 AM by rockoyster
Jeyaraman
Jeyaraman
9 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 9:03 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks Rockoyster. I saw a Flix Bus operating from Lugano to Pisa. Is it a good option to take in terms of reliability. I presume it must be Ok to go from Switzerland to Italy by this bus if I hold a Schengen Visa for Italy.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 9:51 AM in reply to Jeyaraman

The visa is certainly not a problem but I have no knowledge of Flix Bus. Someone else will no doubt chime in with their view. I'm a bit of a train sort of guy. Buses don't do it for me. 😎

Arno
Arno
11174 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2018 - 7:33 AM

Hi Jeyaraman,

You could take a Flixbus or a train to Milan and then a direct Flixbus to Pisa from there: www.flixbus.co.uk/bus-routes/pisa-milan. Just the Milan to Pisa leg takes at least two hours more than the train though. I would prefer the trains as well. It's comfortable, quick and eco-friendly. Not expensive either, especially if booked well in advanced. I've seen train tickets under CHF 50: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price

Jeyaraman
Jeyaraman
9 posts
Apr 11, 2018 - 7:44 AM

Many thanks to all the responses.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018