Train schedule Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

Train schedule Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
bill28
bill28
6 posts
Sep 23, 2017 - 10:19 PM

I am trying to find how many trains a day go from Interlaken to the top Jungfrau station. However, no matter which day I pick, the swissrail website says there are no trains. I would prefer to book only a day in advance (we will be in Interlaken from Oct 27 to Nov 1) because clear weather is important. How many trains run up the mountain in late October/early November.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Sep 24, 2017 - 1:43 AM in reply to bill28

You should be able to find the trips on the SBB Timetable at www.myswissalps.com/ti metable but if not try here fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/qu ery.exe/en or here www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/tickets/bergbahn

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2419 posts
top member
Sep 24, 2017 - 1:55 AM in reply to bill28

Hi Bill,

rockoyster has beaten me to it with the links :-) but as I have generated a personal timetable for you, I may as well attach it!

I can think of only two reasons why you were getting no results in the timetable: incorrect spelling of place names, or looking for trips up after 14:05, because that is when the last trip up leaves from Interlaken Ost. That train gets to the Jungfraujoch at 16:05, and you would have only a short time to look around before getting the final train down at 16:43.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Sep 24, 2017 - 2:00 AM by Alpenrose666
Please login to see the attached documents
Washpark
Washpark
13 posts
Sep 25, 2017 - 7:55 AM in reply to bill28

Others have given you the schedule. By later October, there will be no lines. We were just there and had no problem getting right on.

Check the price!! We paid $132 Swiss... About $150 US for three... So an eye watering $450 US today. It was wonderful and we aren't on a budget but I thought pricy. The ice cave is really ho hum, Nothing special. The weather was cloudy and then cleared in just a few minutes.

bill28
bill28
6 posts
Sep 25, 2017 - 5:01 PM

Great. I was able to find the timetable and trains appear to run every hour.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018