Tram or train from Zurich Airport to Hotel Adler

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2019 at 2:04:49 #820339

Which would be better??? We are staying at Hotel Adler. Should we take the train or the tram from Zurich airport? We have a suitcase and a large backpack!. I’ve heard the tram can take you closer to your hotel. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 March 2019 at 2:16:36 #906214

Train and 10 minute walk would be quicker. Or if you don’t fancy a walk take a tram from the train station to Zurich Limmatquai or thereabouts.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2019 at 2:27:25 #906215

thank you!

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    11 March 2019 at 2:32:02 #906216

The tram is a fascinating ride from Zurich Airport but it’s more for local passengers.

The train is faster and has space for luggage.

There are good train to tram connections at Zurich Hbf.

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2019 at 3:22:43 #906217

Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2019 at 6:42:36 #906218

Hi Bagsrpacked,

As already stated, the train will get you to Zurich mainstation (Zurich HB) much quicker.
    Use the timetable link here to find out about details:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If you don’t want to walk the short stroll from the station to your hotel, you can also take Tram No. 4 from “Bahnquai/HB” to the stop “Rudolph-Brun Brücke”, takes 7 mins. Use the advanced timetable for details.

Hope this helps for a smooth arrival.

Best,
    Steph

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 March 2019 at 8:10:33 #906219

Hi Bagsrpacked,

I’d like to ask you to not post duplicate questions as stated in the forum rules at http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules. This is the 3rd time you’re asking the same question:

The last thread is still open, so if there’s anything else you wanted to ask about getting to the hotel, you could have simply done so there. It saves other forum members time, and keeps things tidy here. Thank you for understanding 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 March 2019 at 2:41:18 #906220

Hi Steph-

You are certainly right that the train is much quicker. It also has modestly better space for luggage. And, even if you take the #10 from the airport, the walk from Central to the Adler is only a hundred meters or so shorter than the walk from the Hauptbahnhof.

After they started run the #10 out to the airport I rode it once for trial. About 45 minutes, and it feels like it takes forever. If you are an impoverished student living on a minuscule budget, or just want to save every last penny (or Rappen) you’ll save a few CHF by using the tram. I can think of no other good reason to take it to or from the airport the airport.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 3:38:48 #906221

Thank you, Slowpoke, for your reply. I’m convinced now the train would be a better choice. I’ve been to Switzerland before, but not to Zurich. I am fine tuning my 2 1/2 week trip starting in Zurich and continuing through Italy. Lots to consider and learn about. Thank you again.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 March 2019 at 10:10:57 #906222

Hi bagsrpacked –

It’s nice to have more than just a few days to spend in Switzerland. The only problem is that it requires more days worth of decisions. 😉

There are always so many good choices to consider.

Steph’s guidance of the timetable points to what I consider the single most important tool for the traveler. I use it constantly.

And, the full SBB website has a tremendous amount of helpful information, as well as being a shorter way to reach the timetable, once you have made sure to learn about the important “how-to” items in the tips and tricks on the here in My Swiss Alps.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/

There is a smartphone app, handy while traveling.

Perhaps you have already checked out the links under "Getting Started" and "Where to Go" on the main page of My Swiss Alps. If not, you’ll find them useful as you plan.

The Forum Rules request that you provide your dates of travel. Travel and locations are affected by the seasons, as are various transport schedules. So , knowing that helps us to provide accurate advice.

When are you traveling?

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Tram or train from Zurich Airport to Hotel Adler’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.