Swiss Travel Pass mountain trips & coverage area

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 12:50:27 #816839

Hi,

I will be reaching Bern from Milan on 6th July. I need to go to Grindelwald therafter. Will stay there for two days and plan to go to Jungfraujoch on the next day of my arrival to Grindelwald.

I need to understand three things :

1) Do I need to book tickets in advance for either of my travel (Bern to Grindelwald or Grindelwald to Jungfaujoch)?

2) Does my STS Swiss travel pass (RE) covers all the tickets or do I need to pay extra?

3) My travel pass reflect 6th July as my travel date to titlis and Junfraujoch (since I purchased combo pass). Will it make difference if I travel these mountain on different date (but within 8 days validity of my travel pass)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 7:27:16 #889190

Hi Pradeep84k and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. No, in most cases reservations are not possible on Swiss trains. Jungfraujoch can get busy so reservations are not a bad idea if you don’t want to wait in line: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfraujoch/tic kets
    2. What do you mean with RE? The Swiss Travel Pass does not cover Jungfraujoch (25% discount though from Grindelwald: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity
    3. No, it shouldn’t. But check with the company you bought the combo pass with
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 0:38:55 #889191

Swiss Travel Pass generally covers the ‘normal’ railway network where you can ‘walk on’ ‘free’ to any train without reservation or additional charge. STP normally only entitles you to a discount (usually 50% but sometimes 25%) on the higher/more overtly touristic mountain railways/cable cars etc

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass mountain trips & coverage area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.