Swiss Transfer Ticket from Germany

Swiss Transfer Ticket from Germany

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
dellaq
dellaq
1 post
Mar 11, 2017 - 9:26 PM

Hello. I have two questions related to this transfer pass:

1. My husband and I will be traveling to Zermatt. He will be flying in and out of Geneva and I will meet him in Zermatt via a train from Cologne. Our return our flight is very early in the morning so we will need to return to Geneva the night before our flight. Can we use the transfer ticket the day before our flight departs?

2. Can I still use the transfer pass if I am taking the train from Cologne Germany? Do I need to make sure I stop at a specific station at the Swiss border to have it validated?

Lucas
Lucas
3076 posts
expert &
Mar 12, 2017 - 11:01 AM in reply to dellaq

Hi dellaq and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can read all about the Swiss Transfer Ticket here. It will explain everything you need to know.

For your needs you would indicate the date of use when buying and there is no need to validate it. You would then just need to buy a ticket from Cologne to the Swiss border town (most likely Basel), the Transfer ticket will cover the rest. You do not need to stop, as I mentioned it is pre-validated.

Cheers,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 13, 2017 - 7:18 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017