Swiss Transfer Ticket from Germany

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 21:26:32 #811039

Hello. I have two questions related to this transfer pass:

1. My husband and I will be traveling to Zermatt. He will be flying in and out of Geneva and I will meet him in Zermatt via a train from Cologne. Our return our flight is very early in the morning so we will need to return to Geneva the night before our flight. Can we use the transfer ticket the day before our flight departs?

2. Can I still use the transfer pass if I am taking the train from Cologne Germany? Do I need to make sure I stop at a specific station at the Swiss border to have it validated?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2017 at 11:01:28 #859970

Hi dellaq and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can read all about the Swiss Transfer Ticket here. It will explain everything you need to know.

For your needs you would indicate the date of use when buying and there is no need to validate it. You would then just need to buy a ticket from Cologne to the Swiss border town (most likely Basel), the Transfer ticket will cover the rest. You do not need to stop, as I mentioned it is pre-validated.

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket from Germany’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.