Transportation from Waldegg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2012 at 19:22:43 #805089

Greetings to the forum! Could you please help with the following?
    From Waldegg…the finish destination of Niederhorn to Waldegg hike,what is the best/most direct travel option back to Lucerne . [I am having difficulty using the Swiss Timetable to access this info,I seem to only bring up connections via Zurich for travel back to Lucerne from Waldegg] Is Brig an easier/quicker option to use as a base for this walk? Thanks for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 April 2012 at 1:25:02 #835473

Hi mbear12,

There are multiple locations named Waldegg in Switzerland, so you may have been looking at the wrong one. You need to enter “Beatenberg, Waldegg” in the timetable in this case. It’s less traveling time to Brig than to Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2012 at 19:51:58 #835474

Thanks Arno…..maybe a good idea for this to be mentioned in the transport from Waldegg…especially as I would assume a lot of forum/site viewers are not from Switzerland,and are not aware of what bus stop designation to put in the timetable.

• The thread ‘Transportation from Waldegg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.