Transportation Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg

Transportation Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ben
ben
39 posts
Aug 29, 2017 - 8:10 PM

Hello,

I will be staying in Grindelwald for 2 nights in the 1st week of September (next week). I will have the 15 day Youth Swiss Travel Pass, which is good value for money, working out at CHF26 per day.

I plan to do the Rotstock Via ferrata / Klettersteig which is right next to the Eiger. I plan to start off from Kleine Scheidegg by walking towards Eigergletscher station and then continue on up the via ferrata.

Looking at the validity area for the STP, i think it offers only a 25% discount for the train from Gindelwald Grund to Kleine Scheidegg. For a return trip, it cost CHF 54, applying the 25% discount, it will be CHF 40.50 which is quite a lot of money for a short trip.

Is there a different / cheaper way for the same route ? Perhaps rent a bike and cycle ? LOL

I don't want to be tired before even starting the via ferrata.

Will be doing the First and Bachalpsee walk on the 2nd day.

Best Regards,

Ben

Lucas
Lucas
8888 posts
expert &
Aug 30, 2017 - 6:00 AM in reply to ben

Hi Ben,

The round-trip cost from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg is 62chf (PDF link here). With your 25% discount it would be 46.50chf.

There is a hiking path but you would most likely be quite tired by the end of it. It is about 12km with over 1000 meter elevation - see here. There is also a slightly easier hike from Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg but again a good hike before doing the via ferata.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018