Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Transporting luggage - Zermatt to Interlaken Ost

Transporting luggage - Zermatt to Interlaken Ost

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 26, 2019 - 3:21 PM

I have done some reading about shipping luggage from one town to the next. We will be leaving Zermatt and overnight in Montreux. The following day we will take the Golden Train----------Montreux---Zweisimmen---------onto Interlaken Ost. I would like to ship my luggage from Zermatt to Interlaken Ost.

I know these train stations participate in this service but I having difficulty finding out the price of this service. I cant seem to find a phone number for the SBB office or an email to send my questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Anna
Anna
322 posts
top member &
Oct 26, 2019 - 4:02 PM

Hi Sparkyenos,

There is a station-to-station luggage transportation service provided by SBB. The price is CHF 12 per item, with a limit of 25 kg per item. You can drop of your luggage at the departing station during opening hours and pick it up at your destination station 2 days later. You might be ask to show a valid ticket to use this service. For more details. please refer to this link:
Transporting luggage: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Regards,

Anna

Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 26, 2019 - 4:21 PM

Thanks

Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 26, 2019 - 6:02 PM

I will drop off my luggage at the Zermatt train station then leave that same day to travel to Montreux where we will stay overnight.

As I said before the next day we will take the Golden Train-------Montreu--Zweisimen--Interlaken Ost.

Can I retrieve my luggage on my day of arrival in Interlaken? What I have been reading is that it has to be 2 days before delivery.

Suzanne
Suzanne
191 posts
active member &
Oct 27, 2019 - 9:16 AM

Hello Sparkyenos,

Unfortunately you won't be able to get your luggage because it hasn't been two days when you arrive in Interlaken. (please refer to link)

www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 27, 2019 - 9:35 AM in reply to Suzanne

Thanks again. It did say on your last response that I can get station to door service. I was wondering how I find out how much more that would be? I am thinking when we arrive in Zermatt at the train station ask them what the price would be ------------so when we leave from Zermatt we would know if this is something we would be interested in doing.

Suzanne
Suzanne
191 posts
active member &
Oct 27, 2019 - 9:51 AM

Hello Sparkyenos,

There is station to door service. Please click the link I sent you, when you're on that page, on the far right you will see "More on other websites" as a title. Under that title you will see a web link, for "SBB" click on that link and it will direct you to the information you are looking for.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Last modified on Oct 27, 2019 - 11:44 AM by Suzanne
Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 27, 2019 - 11:23 AM

As always thanks for your quick response and having so much traveling knowledge

Suzanne
Suzanne
191 posts
active member &
Oct 27, 2019 - 11:46 AM

Hello Sparkyenos,

Thank you for the reply, and you're welcome! I wish you all the best on your Switzerland travels.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 27, 2019 - 2:04 PM in reply to Suzanne

Dear Suzanne,

I think our plan will be when we arrive at the Zermatt train station find the office to ask some questions about this service. We can then decide if we can do without the big suitcase for 2 days---we can either do the station to station service or the station to door service.

Sounds like a good option to choose from.

Suzanne
Suzanne
191 posts
active member &
Oct 27, 2019 - 2:33 PM

Dear Sparkyenos,

Thanks for your reply. I think that is a good way to go about it as well...play it by ear.

Good luck and I wish you a wonderful time in Switzerland!

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 28, 2019 - 11:36 AM

I have another question. We will be leaving Zermatt heading to Montreu where we will overnight in Montreu. I was wondering which connection to make on this trip. Zermatt--Visp--Montreu OR Zermatt--Sion--Montreu.

Do we take a regular train for the above trip.

The following day we will leave Montreu to Zweisimmen--to Interlaken Ost on the Golden Train

Steph
Steph
2039 posts
top member &
Oct 28, 2019 - 12:24 PM in reply to Sparkyenos

Hello Sparkyenos,

You will travel via Visp and Sion anyway, they are on the same train line.

Please use the timetable below to find out about detailed connections and timings. And YES, you will travel on regular trains.

Also make sure to check the following links for helpful information:
- www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt
- www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux
- www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass
- www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to get back to us anytime.

Best,
Steph

Sparkyenos
Sparkyenos
45 posts
Oct 28, 2019 - 12:46 PM in reply to Steph

Thanks

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019