Transporting luggage – Zermatt to Interlaken Ost

• Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    26 October 2019 at 15:21:55 #824311

I have done some reading about shipping luggage from one town to the next. We will be leaving Zermatt and overnight in Montreux. The following day we will take the Golden Train———-Montreux—Zweisimmen———onto Interlaken Ost. I would like to ship my luggage from Zermatt to Interlaken Ost.

I know these train stations participate in this service but I having difficulty finding out the price of this service. I cant seem to find a phone number for the SBB office or an email to send my questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    26 October 2019 at 16:02:51 #924253

Hi Sparkyenos,

There is a station-to-station luggage transportation service provided by SBB. The price is CHF 12 per item, with a limit of 25 kg per item. You can drop of your luggage at the departing station during opening hours and pick it up at your destination station 2 days later. You might be ask to show a valid ticket to use this service. For more details. please refer to this link:
    Transporting luggage: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Regards,

Anna

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    26 October 2019 at 16:21:13 #924254

Thanks

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    26 October 2019 at 18:02:40 #924255

I will drop off my luggage at the Zermatt train station then leave that same day to travel to Montreux where we will stay overnight.

As I said before the next day we will take the Golden Train——-Montreu–Zweisimen–Interlaken Ost.

Can I retrieve my luggage on my day of arrival in Interlaken? What I have been reading is that it has to be 2 days before delivery.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2019 at 9:16:06 #924256

Hello Sparkyenos,

Unfortunately you won’t be able to get your luggage because it hasn’t been two days when you arrive in Interlaken. (please refer to link)

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    27 October 2019 at 9:35:20 #924257

Thanks again. It did say on your last response that I can get station to door service. I was wondering how I find out how much more that would be? I am thinking when we arrive in Zermatt at the train station ask them what the price would be ————so when we leave from Zermatt we would know if this is something we would be interested in doing.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2019 at 9:51:51 #924258

Hello Sparkyenos,

There is station to door service. Please click the link I sent you, when you’re on that page, on the far right you will see “More on other websites” as a title. Under that title you will see a web link, for “SBB” click on that link and it will direct you to the information you are looking for.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    27 October 2019 at 11:23:31 #924259

As always thanks for your quick response and having so much traveling knowledge

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2019 at 11:46:57 #924260

Hello Sparkyenos,

Thank you for the reply, and you’re welcome! I wish you all the best on your Switzerland travels.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    27 October 2019 at 14:04:20 #924261

Dear Suzanne,

I think our plan will be when we arrive at the Zermatt train station find the office to ask some questions about this service. We can then decide if we can do without the big suitcase for 2 days—we can either do the station to station service or the station to door service.

Sounds like a good option to choose from.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2019 at 14:33:40 #924262

Dear Sparkyenos,

Thanks for your reply. I think that is a good way to go about it as well…play it by ear.

Good luck and I wish you a wonderful time in Switzerland!

Best regards,

Suzanne

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    28 October 2019 at 11:36:43 #924263

I have another question. We will be leaving Zermatt heading to Montreu where we will overnight in Montreu. I was wondering which connection to make on this trip. Zermatt–Visp–Montreu OR Zermatt–Sion–Montreu.

Do we take a regular train for the above trip.

The following day we will leave Montreu to Zweisimmen–to Interlaken Ost on the Golden Train

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2019 at 12:24:53 #924264

Hello Sparkyenos,

You will travel via Visp and Sion anyway, they are on the same train line.

Please use the timetable below to find out about detailed connections and timings. And YES, you will travel on regular trains.

Also make sure to check the following links for helpful information:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt
    http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux
    http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass
    http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to get back to us anytime.

Best,
    Steph

Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    28 October 2019 at 12:46:08 #924265

Thanks

• The thread ‘Transporting luggage – Zermatt to Interlaken Ost’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.