Transport Wengen to Guarda & Sils Maria to Zurich

• HenryG
    Participant
    6 posts
    12 March 2018 at 1:29:50 #814722

What is the best way to go from Wengen to Guarda and Sils Maria to Zurich? Also I tried using SBB routing but sometimes it changes the date after I enter a certain date. Is that because I am trying to go on a day the trains don’t run or because of time zone differences or is it because I am trying to schedule too many months in advance since I am going in early August?

Thanks for any help.

Henry G

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 March 2018 at 6:11:19 #878499

You should be able to look up route and timings for any date. But if you go to check the price it will change the date to one month from today. You can normally only buy tickets on the SBB website from 30 days out.

I just tried Sils Maria to Zurich for 8 August and that’s what happened.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 7:08:13 #878500

Hi Henry,

The two tickets you’re trying to purchase are quite expensive. Have you considered one of the rail passes? Like the Swiss Travel Pass. It depends of course on which other travel plans you have within Switzerland.

Information about all rail passes can be find here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 3:48:28 #878501

Hi Henry,

>> What is the best way to go from Wengen to Guarda

If you intend to go up to Guarda village (rather than just to the railway station in the valley below the village), I thought it might be worth mentioning that you should use the destination Guarda, cumün in your timetable search.

The search result will then include a connection for the little bus that goes from Guarda station up to Guarda village.

Alpenrose

HenryG
    Participant
    6 posts
    15 March 2018 at 13:49:03 #878502

Thank you Alpenrose for your valuable response. Henry

• The thread ‘Transport Wengen to Guarda & Sils Maria to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.