Transport Wengen to Guarda & Sils Maria to Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
HenryG
HenryG
6 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 1:29 AM

What is the best way to go from Wengen to Guarda and Sils Maria to Zurich? Also I tried using SBB routing but sometimes it changes the date after I enter a certain date. Is that because I am trying to go on a day the trains don't run or because of time zone differences or is it because I am trying to schedule too many months in advance since I am going in early August?

Thanks for any help.

Henry G

rockoyster
rockoyster
4072 posts
expert
Mar 12, 2018 - 6:11 AM in reply to HenryG

You should be able to look up route and timings for any date. But if you go to check the price it will change the date to one month from today. You can normally only buy tickets on the SBB website from 30 days out.

I just tried Sils Maria to Zurich for 8 August and that's what happened.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 7:08 AM in reply to HenryG

Hi Henry,

The two tickets you're trying to purchase are quite expensive. Have you considered one of the rail passes? Like the Swiss Travel Pass. It depends of course on which other travel plans you have within Switzerland.

Information about all rail passes can be find here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 3:48 AM in reply to HenryG

Hi Henry,

>> What is the best way to go from Wengen to Guarda

If you intend to go up to Guarda village (rather than just to the railway station in the valley below the village), I thought it might be worth mentioning that you should use the destination Guarda, cumün in your timetable search.

The search result will then include a connection for the little bus that goes from Guarda station up to Guarda village.

Alpenrose

HenryG
HenryG
6 posts
Mar 15, 2018 - 1:49 PM in reply to Removed user

Thank you Alpenrose for your valuable response. Henry

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018