Train schedule issues August 5 and 6

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 10:01:10 #812525

Hi Arno, Anniika and Lucas

As usual I have been checking up on some train times etc. for some of our possible day trips and on quite a lot of them I have been getting comment “not on 5th and 6th August” in the days this connection possible list. Any idea what’s happening on those days? I know and expect a few services not to run on 1st August but this is unusual.

Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 10:55:30 #866273

Hmmm, there is nothing I’ve heard of about those dates…what routes are you searching for?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 14:54:02 #866274

Hi Lucas

It just seems to have cropped up on several of my searches so wondered if there was something going on I need to know about! Doubt if it will cause any major problem – can avoid those routes on those days as I have made a note on my research files if it appears!

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 17:21:07 #866275

Weird! I’ll keep my eye out for information on it and let you know if I see anything.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2017 at 2:40:40 #866276

>> for some of our possible day trips and on quite a lot of them I have been getting comment “not on 5th and 6th August” in the days this connection possible list. Any idea what’s happening on those days?

Hi Maggie,

I have come across something similar on occasions, usually for a trip that involves several sectors and is a bit out-of-the-way. So this is just a bit of a guess as to what might be going on.

5-6 August is a weekend. Perhaps one of the sectors of your journey does not operate at the same time (or at all) on weekends, which would make the exact trip that is possible on a Friday not possible on the weekend.

Using the old-format timetable with your chosen connection expanded, if you click on the text underneath the blue symbol that indicates the type of transport, that will take you to a linear diagram showing all the stops and times. Underneath that will be info about the days of operation. By doing this, you might be able to identify which sector of the trip is not operating on 5 and 6 August.

Your problem might be something completely different, but it might be worth a try!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Train schedule issues August 5 and 6’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.