Travel Advise needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2015 at 14:29:36 #807226

Hi All,

I am sure this might have been asked, but I have a query on what rail pass to buy for my trip as below. (Basically, which will be the most economical option considering the below journeys?)

I have a car and we (2 adults) would need to take the train/cable car only on the below sections

Day 2 – Mt Titlis top (staying at Lucerne the prev night), so will be good to know about car park as well at the foot of titlis as well and whether I need to reserve it online in advance

Day 4 – Jungrfau top — staying somewhere in between Interlaken & Lauterbrunnen on prev night, so would be good to know where to take the rail/cable car from and where to park the car (basically, which wil be the most economical option)

day 5 – flying back from Geneva in the evening, and we want to take the golden pass line from interlaken
    till montreux probably? (or whichever is the best section) and regular train onwards to geneva? wud like to take the 1st class/VIP & reserve if needed

Considering, the below 3 journeys, which rail pass would be the most economical?

appreciate the help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 May 2015 at 10:10:31 #843108

Never mind chiragv83, you’re most welcome to ask for yourself! Picking the right pass can be difficult indeed.

In your case, a Swiss Half Fare Card is definitely the best solution. It allows a 50% discount on the trips you intend to make by public transportation, including mountain.

You don’t need reservations in advance. When visiting Titlis, you can park your car at the valley station in Engelberg. Please visit the Jungfraujoch page for information on parking in Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. Information on Golden Pass seats is listed here.

I hope this helps you decide!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2015 at 11:00:15 #843109

Tks a lot annika, much appreciated

• The thread ‘Travel Advise needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.