Rail travel prices from Interlaken to Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2018 at 10:20:11 #816975

Hi, All

I have bought the 4 days Swiss Pass but didn’t buy any euro rail pass (Italy) and intend to travel in October 2018. Understand i need to top up some value to travel from Interlaken to Milan Station. In term of dollar value, any difference if i purchase online ticket or at the interlaken station for the travel from Chiasso to Milan by Trenitalia. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2018 at 14:48:54 #889792

Hi Kayheonglee and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would buy your ticket from Chiasso to Milan online before travel. The earlier you buy international train tickets the cheaper they are typically.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/ita ly

I’ve never heard anything about topping up value – so I’m not sure what you mean there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 11:45:18 #889793

Hi, Lucas

means purchase (Top-Up) ) a Italy rail ticket either at Interlaken Ost or at the Spiez Station, i should be changing the at Spiez instead of Chiasso from Interlaken OST to Milan central Station.

Thanks, i will purchase a online ticket from Spiez to Milan Central soon whereas i can make use of the Swiss pass from Interlaken OST to Spiez. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 14:47:30 #889794

Ah, I see – just buying another ticket. Got it. 🙂

You’ll only ned a ticket from Chiasso to Milan- You’re Swiss Travel Pass covers the trip as far as Chiasso (not just to Spiez): https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity.

• The thread ‘Rail travel prices from Interlaken to Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.