Rail travel prices from Interlaken to Milan

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kayheonglee
Kayheonglee
2 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 10:20 AM

Hi, All

I have bought the 4 days Swiss Pass but didn't buy any euro rail pass (Italy) and intend to travel in October 2018. Understand i need to top up some value to travel from Interlaken to Milan Station. In term of dollar value, any difference if i purchase online ticket or at the interlaken station for the travel from Chiasso to Milan by Trenitalia. Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 30, 2018 - 2:48 PM in reply to Kayheonglee

Hi Kayheonglee and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would buy your ticket from Chiasso to Milan online before travel. The earlier you buy international train tickets the cheaper they are typically.
https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/ita ly

I've never heard anything about topping up value - so I'm not sure what you mean there.

Last modified on Jun 30, 2018 - 2:49 PM by Lucas
Kayheonglee
Kayheonglee
2 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 11:45 AM in reply to Kayheonglee

Hi, Lucas

means purchase (Top-Up) ) a Italy rail ticket either at Interlaken Ost or at the Spiez Station, i should be changing the at Spiez instead of Chiasso from Interlaken OST to Milan central Station.

Thanks, i will purchase a online ticket from Spiez to Milan Central soon whereas i can make use of the Swiss pass from Interlaken OST to Spiez. Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jul 1, 2018 - 2:47 PM in reply to Kayheonglee

Ah, I see - just buying another ticket. Got it. :)

You'll only ned a ticket from Chiasso to Milan- You're Swiss Travel Pass covers the trip as far as Chiasso (not just to Spiez): https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019