Rail travel prices from Interlaken to Milan

Rail travel prices from Interlaken to Milan

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kayheonglee
Kayheonglee
2 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 10:20 AM

Hi, All

I have bought the 4 days Swiss Pass but didn't buy any euro rail pass (Italy) and intend to travel in October 2018. Understand i need to top up some value to travel from Interlaken to Milan Station. In term of dollar value, any difference if i purchase online ticket or at the interlaken station for the travel from Chiasso to Milan by Trenitalia. Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Jun 30, 2018 - 2:48 PM in reply to Kayheonglee

Hi Kayheonglee and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would buy your ticket from Chiasso to Milan online before travel. The earlier you buy international train tickets the cheaper they are typically.
https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/ita ly

I've never heard anything about topping up value - so I'm not sure what you mean there.

Last modified on Jun 30, 2018 - 2:49 PM by Lucas
Kayheonglee
Kayheonglee
2 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 11:45 AM in reply to Kayheonglee

Hi, Lucas

means purchase (Top-Up) ) a Italy rail ticket either at Interlaken Ost or at the Spiez Station, i should be changing the at Spiez instead of Chiasso from Interlaken OST to Milan central Station.

Thanks, i will purchase a online ticket from Spiez to Milan Central soon whereas i can make use of the Swiss pass from Interlaken OST to Spiez. Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2018 - 2:47 PM in reply to Kayheonglee

Ah, I see - just buying another ticket. Got it. :)

You'll only ned a ticket from Chiasso to Milan- You're Swiss Travel Pass covers the trip as far as Chiasso (not just to Spiez): https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity.

Last modified on Jul 2, 2018 - 5:13 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018