Jul 3, 2018 - 11:52 PM
in reply to terra
Hi terra, and welcome to MySwissAlps!
It depends on where you are going in Mürren. The railway station is at one end of the village, and the cable car is at the other. Walking between the two at a leisurely pace takes about 20 minutes on a fairly level paved path.
If you are heading to a hotel, you will need to find out whether it is closer to the railway station or the cable car.
If you are going up to the Schilthorn, the best option from Lauterbrunnen would be to get the bus to Stechelberg, and the cable car Stechelberg-Gimmelwald-Mürren-Birg-Schilthorn.
Features of each route:
- At Lauterbrunnen, there are steps to access the cable car to Grütschalp, but also a lift.
- There are steps into the train from Grütschalp to Mürren, but it is stated to be wheelchair-accessible, so they might have a ramp if the steps prove too difficult.
- There are a lot of steps up to street level from the train platform at Mürren. I have not seen a lift there, but it is stated to be wheelchair-accessible, so there must be a lift somewhere.
- There are ramps for getting from the platforms at Lauterbrunnen station to the street.
- The bus from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg is low-floor.
- There are quite a lot of steps to access the cable car at Stechelberg, but there must also be a lift somewhere, as it is stated to be wheelchair-accessible.
- Transfer between cable cars at Gimmelwald (and Mürren and Birg if you are going to the Schilthorn) is step-free.
Last modified on Jul 4, 2018 - 9:20 AM by Arno