Train travel from Milan to Brig, Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ssaa17
ssaa17
3 posts
May 5, 2017 - 3:36 AM

Hi,

I have booked a confirmed reserved ticket from Milan to Domodossala on Eurocity 34. I also have swiss travel pass. I was planning to use the travel pass as ticket for the Domodossala to Brig section and travel on the same train without getting down. In this case do i need to purchase a separate reservation for this last leg? I am little confused so would really appreciate if someone could clarify this.

Lucas
Lucas
9627 posts
expert &
May 5, 2017 - 9:58 AM in reply to ssaa17

Hi ssaa12 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no need for reservations on the Swiss leg of your journey - just stay on the train if it is continuing to your final destination.

Lucas

ssaa17
ssaa17
3 posts
May 5, 2017 - 12:12 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you!!

ssaa17
ssaa17
3 posts
May 5, 2017 - 3:09 PM

Follow up question. If I need to go from brig to spiez on a different eurocity train, I would need to make reservations even if I have rail pass?

is it safe to assume that I would need reservations for boarding the train but if I am already on the train then the second leg does not need reservations?

Lucas
Lucas
9627 posts
expert &
May 5, 2017 - 6:02 PM in reply to ssaa17

Reservations aren't made on Swiss trains typically, so don't worry about making any unless you take a panoramic train on your trip.

On international trains seats are booked between specified cities - so your seat could be free for parts of the trip but you might have to move later on for someone who has a reservation (reservations are noted above the seat, usually electronically, with the cities the seat is reserved for).

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018