Train travel from Milan to Brig, Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ssaa17
ssaa17
3 posts
May 5, 2017 - 3:36 AM

Hi,

I have booked a confirmed reserved ticket from Milan to Domodossala on Eurocity 34. I also have swiss travel pass. I was planning to use the travel pass as ticket for the Domodossala to Brig section and travel on the same train without getting down. In this case do i need to purchase a separate reservation for this last leg? I am little confused so would really appreciate if someone could clarify this.

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
May 5, 2017 - 9:58 AM in reply to ssaa17

Hi ssaa12 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no need for reservations on the Swiss leg of your journey - just stay on the train if it is continuing to your final destination.

Lucas

ssaa17
ssaa17
3 posts
May 5, 2017 - 12:12 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you!!

ssaa17
ssaa17
3 posts
May 5, 2017 - 3:09 PM

Follow up question. If I need to go from brig to spiez on a different eurocity train, I would need to make reservations even if I have rail pass?

is it safe to assume that I would need reservations for boarding the train but if I am already on the train then the second leg does not need reservations?

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
May 5, 2017 - 6:02 PM in reply to ssaa17

Reservations aren't made on Swiss trains typically, so don't worry about making any unless you take a panoramic train on your trip.

On international trains seats are booked between specified cities - so your seat could be free for parts of the trip but you might have to move later on for someone who has a reservation (reservations are noted above the seat, usually electronically, with the cities the seat is reserved for).

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019