Train travel from Milan to Brig, Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 3:36:37 #811688

Hi,

I have booked a confirmed reserved ticket from Milan to Domodossala on Eurocity 34. I also have swiss travel pass. I was planning to use the travel pass as ticket for the Domodossala to Brig section and travel on the same train without getting down. In this case do i need to purchase a separate reservation for this last leg? I am little confused so would really appreciate if someone could clarify this.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 9:58:37 #862829

Hi ssaa12 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no need for reservations on the Swiss leg of your journey – just stay on the train if it is continuing to your final destination.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 12:12:57 #862830

Thank you!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 15:09:24 #862831

Follow up question. If I need to go from brig to spiez on a different eurocity train, I would need to make reservations even if I have rail pass?

is it safe to assume that I would need reservations for boarding the train but if I am already on the train then the second leg does not need reservations?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 18:02:25 #862832

Reservations aren’t made on Swiss trains typically, so don’t worry about making any unless you take a panoramic train on your trip.

On international trains seats are booked between specified cities – so your seat could be free for parts of the trip but you might have to move later on for someone who has a reservation (reservations are noted above the seat, usually electronically, with the cities the seat is reserved for).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train travel from Milan to Brig, Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.