Travel from Milan to Murren with travel pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
amberlyn42
amberlyn42
3 posts
Aug 16, 2016 - 7:27 PM

We have a travel pass for 4 days and will be traveling from Milan to Murren on Aug 23rd. The quickest route on the ssb train schedule takes us through Spiez. How do I book this train ticket since part of it is in Italy? I need to pay for the Italy portion but Im assuming the rest in Switzerland is covered with my pass. There appears to be no stop at the border just a straight train from Milan to Spiez with connections from there. There is no option for having a travel pass when I looked into booking this route.

Arno
Arno
12109 posts
expert &
Aug 17, 2016 - 7:01 AM

Hi amberlyn42,

Thanks for joining us! The train will stop at the border (Domodossola), but that's not relevant. What matters is that you pay for the whole ride. I assume the pass you have is a Swiss Travel Pass. If so, that covers the leg from Domodossola to Mürren. All you need to buy additionally is a ticket from Milan to Domodossola from any of the websites here: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy/ price.

Does this answer your question?

amberlyn42
amberlyn42
3 posts
Aug 18, 2016 - 6:37 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks for your help! I will buy those tickets. Do I need to reserve the Milan to Spiez portion?

Arno
Arno
12109 posts
expert &
Aug 18, 2016 - 6:42 PM in reply to amberlyn42

You're welcome! You only need the ticket I mentioned in my previous post. It includes a seat reservation. From Domodossola onwards, everything is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. You don't need anything else.

amberlyn42
amberlyn42
3 posts
Aug 18, 2016 - 6:45 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019