Travel from Montreux to Mt Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2014 at 10:32:42 #806307

Hi,

We are two families with children who plan to travel Switzerland in the last week of May 2014 for 5 days.

1. We want to be based out of Montreux. Is it feasible to visit Mt Titlis as a day trip excursion from Montreux and return the same day? If not should we visit another mountain nearer and which is suggested?

2. Also we plan to take the Swiss Saver Pass. Should we take it for 4 days along with the family 1 day travel pass to help make it up to 5 days.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    11 April 2014 at 16:26:49 #839740

Hi ShJohn,

1. I would not recommend this. You’re looking at a very long day since it takes about 4.5 hours one way to reach the Titlis. There are many other mountains that are much closer to Montreux. You could easily do a trip to Rochers-de-Naye (probably not snow covered) or Glacier 3000 (snow covered).

2. There is no 1-day travel pass that I now of. A 4-day Swiss Pass may suit your needs if you don’t plan a lot of traveling on either the first or last day. You would just buy regular tickets then. Or, you can consider a Swiss Flexi Pass. Once your itinerary is final, you can pick a pass as explained here.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2014 at 7:11:20 #839741

Thanks… this will help us plan better.

• The thread ‘Travel from Montreux to Mt Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.