About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Rail pass for 10 days Switzerland and Austria
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Rail pass for 10 days Switzerland and Austria

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Angelacorona
Angelacorona
1 post
Oct 9, 2021 - 7:23 PM

Hello,

Our 4th time travelling to Zurich, last one is before pandemic Dec 2019. I am confused how to get travel pass now. I think there's a lot of changes and it threw me off. We are planning to go to Switzerland and Austria for 10 days. What is the best travel pass can I get. Our trip from San Francisco is from Nov 28 to Dec 10. Usually I get our ticket from EURAIL. Any recommendation for the best travel pass? Thank you.

Angela

Annika
Annika
6619 posts
expert &
Oct 10, 2021 - 10:08 AM in reply to Angelacorona

Hi Angela, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

How nice you'll be visiting Switzerland and Austria again! There haven't been major changes in the offer of rail passes and tickets since December 2019. There will be some (positive!) changes for the Swiss Travel Pass in 2022, as explained here: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/changes-to-the-swiss-travel-system-passes-in-2022.

I can't tell which pass is best for you. That depends on the details of your itinerary. A Eurail Pass (www.myswissalps.com/eurailglobalpass) might still work well. But if you're planning lots of traveling in Switzerland, separate passes for both countries might be better. For example: the Swiss Travel Pass offers better coverage for Switzerland than the Eurail Pass does. You can compare details through www.myswissalps.com/eurailglobalpass/validity and www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity.

This page explains how to find out which pass is best for your specific plans: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass. You could start there. Feel free to get back to us in case you're still unsure. It would be helpful if you share the outlines of your itinerary in that case.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021