Travel insurance for Switzerland trip 9 people

• Asghar_khan
    Participant
    31 posts
    27 December 2018 at 12:02:29 #819288

Hello,

We are coming to switzerlant for 15 days in coming March, we are four adults and 5 kids ages between 6-10 years. We are searching a good and cheap travel insurance policy. Kindly suggest. thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 December 2018 at 14:02:08 #900995

Hi Asghar Khan,

Travel insurance isn’t really my area of expertise to be honest. I think you’d normally buy that from a company in your country of residence. At least, that’s what I do. Things to watch out for regarding Switzerland: if you’ve planned to go into the mountains (hiking, skiing), then helicopter rescue services may not be included in every policy. Also be aware that Switzerland is not a EU member, so policies covering EU member states only are not suitable.

Perhaps someone else will post other ideas.

Asghar_khan
    Participant
    31 posts
    27 December 2018 at 14:07:04 #900996

Thanks @Arno, for your prompt response.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 December 2018 at 11:22:10 #900997

I dont know your country of residence, but in India we do check with site policybazar.com………

Asghar_khan
    Participant
    31 posts
    29 December 2018 at 11:32:12 #900998

Dear hansaria, im resident of Saudi Arabia.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 December 2018 at 11:38:01 #900999

Dear Ashgar ji, i believe Arno Sir replied correctly, its in our country of residence ,you have to enquire with them…also note there are certain guidelines wherein all companies travel policy not acceptable in all countries , at least this be true for India and so you have to enquire with local travel agent at your place for the same for the best advice..thanks

• The thread ‘Travel insurance for Switzerland trip 9 people’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.