Train types from Sagans to Zürich by STP

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
lee jijiji
lee jijiji
4 posts
May 11, 2018 - 3:17 PM

It is a great forum!

I am planning a short trip from Liechtenstein back to Zürich. From SBB, I found that some trains labelled JR instead of IC etc on that route. May I know if I could ride on these trains by STP? And as we have a 1st class STP, can We get on such 1st class train?

Jimmy

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2135 posts
top member
May 12, 2018 - 1:11 AM in reply to lee jijiji

Hi Jimmy,

>> I am planning a short trip from Liechtenstein back to Zürich. From SBB, I found that some trains labelled JR instead of IC etc on that route.

I think you mean RJ (Railjet), not JR. Those are the Austrian Railways fast inter-city trains.

>> May I know if I could ride on these trains by STP? And as we have a 1st class STP, can We get on such 1st class train?

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover your train travel from Buchs SG (or Sargans) to Zürich, regardless of the type of train you travel on - so that includes Railjets.

Within Liechtenstein, the Swiss Travel Pass is also valid for the PostAuto bus routes shown as yellow lines on the attached screen shot.

International trains coming to Switzerland from Austria don't stop at any stations in Liechtenstein. Trains that do stop in Liechtenstein are regional trains run by the ÖBB (Austrian Railways). ÖBB fares apply, and the Swiss Travel Pass is not valid.

Alpenrose

Please login to see the attached documents
lee jijiji
lee jijiji
4 posts
May 12, 2018 - 11:58 PM

Thank you Alpenrose.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018