Swiss Transfer Ticket validity date

Swiss Transfer Ticket validity date

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kusnerr
kusnerr
2 posts
May 15, 2017 - 11:45 AM

I plan to travel by rail from Zurich Airport to Lauterbrunnen on July 2, then from Lauterbrunnen to Chamonix on July 10 (I am a USA citizen, to be flying in from Boston, MA).

Will the Swiss Transfer Ticket fully apply to this Itinerary (it having different enter/exit border locations)?

Also, if I were to encounter a flight delay into Zurich, would my Swiss Transfer Ticket (purchased with a departure date of July 2) be valid for departure from Zurich Airport on July 3? And regarding a possible delayed departure date, does it matter if the Swiss Transfer Ticket is purchased as a paper ticket or an e-ticket?

Thanks, Ron.

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
May 16, 2017 - 6:15 AM in reply to kusnerr

Hi Ron and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket for different entry and exit points. Read more about the ticket on the link. It is always a paper ticket - you can either have it shipped to you or emailed to you to be printed at home. Here is a link on where to buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket.

I'm not sure about the ticket being valid the next day if your flight is delayed. Are you arriving quite late into Zurich? I: would think that if you can provide proof your flight is delayed they could replace your Swiss Transfer Ticket at an office - but I'm not sure.

Lucas

Last modified on May 16, 2017 - 6:42 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
May 16, 2017 - 6:46 AM

Hi Ron,

You can buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket as an e-ticket to print at home or as a paper ticket. In the first case you'll have to select both travel dates when buying. In the second case you only have to select the first possible travel date, and you can select the actual travel dates later (max. one month from the selected date during purchase). All purchase options are listed here.

kusnerr
kusnerr
2 posts
May 16, 2017 - 11:55 AM in reply to Arno

So, regarding first date of travel, the shipped ticket is more flexible than the e-ticket--but delivery costs $10 more. Thanks, Ron.

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
May 16, 2017 - 3:35 PM in reply to kusnerr

Hi Ron,

Yes, the shipped ticket is more flexible. Whether there's a shipping fee depends on where you order. The options are on the page I linked to in my previous post. If you buy from www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-transfer-tickets they'll ship it to the US and many other countries for free. Do order in time as it can take 6 days to get there.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017