Swiss Transfer Ticket validity date

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 11:45:23 #811827

I plan to travel by rail from Zurich Airport to Lauterbrunnen on July 2, then from Lauterbrunnen to Chamonix on July 10 (I am a USA citizen, to be flying in from Boston, MA).

Will the Swiss Transfer Ticket fully apply to this Itinerary (it having different enter/exit border locations)?

Also, if I were to encounter a flight delay into Zurich, would my Swiss Transfer Ticket (purchased with a departure date of July 2) be valid for departure from Zurich Airport on July 3? And regarding a possible delayed departure date, does it matter if the Swiss Transfer Ticket is purchased as a paper ticket or an e-ticket?

Thanks, Ron.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 6:15:06 #863346

Hi Ron and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket for different entry and exit points. Read more about the ticket on the link. It is always a paper ticket – you can either have it shipped to you or emailed to you to be printed at home. Here is a link on where to buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket.

I’m not sure about the ticket being valid the next day if your flight is delayed. Are you arriving quite late into Zurich? I: would think that if you can provide proof your flight is delayed they could replace your Swiss Transfer Ticket at an office – but I’m not sure.

Lucas

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 May 2017 at 6:46:21 #863347

Hi Ron,

You can buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket as an e-ticket to print at home or as a paper ticket. In the first case you’ll have to select both travel dates when buying. In the second case you only have to select the first possible travel date, and you can select the actual travel dates later (max. one month from the selected date during purchase). All purchase options are listed here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 11:55:47 #863348

So, regarding first date of travel, the shipped ticket is more flexible than the e-ticket–but delivery costs $10 more. Thanks, Ron.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 May 2017 at 15:35:50 #863349

Hi Ron,

Yes, the shipped ticket is more flexible. Whether there’s a shipping fee depends on where you order. The options are on the page I linked to in my previous post. If you buy from http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-transfer-tickets they’ll ship it to the US and many other countries for free. Do order in time as it can take 6 days to get there.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket validity date’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.