Travel Pass Help – Zurich to Jungfrau Region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2015 at 4:22:47 #807186

Hi Arno & Annika,

I will be traveling from Zurich to Grindelwald on July 10 and will then be hiking hut-to-hut and staying my last night at Obersteinberg Inn and ultimately leaving from Murren. I will finish up in Murren on either July 13 or 14 (haven’t decided yet) and will then travel back to Zurich for my flight on the morning of July 15.

There will probably be some instances where I use mountain transport while hiking, and if I return to Zurich on July 13, I might use public transportation within the city to explore the area.

Can you suggest the best travel option pass for this itinerary?

Thanks for all your help!

Brian

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 May 2015 at 13:00:52 #842903

Hi Brian,

There are two options:

1. Swiss Transfer Ticket
    2. Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi

Option 1 includes the rides to Grindelwald and back from Mürren. Option 2 is the same thing, but also includes discounts on cable cars.

Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket/price for prices and further information.

Public transportation in Zurich is not included. You can easily walk in the town center. Or get a ticket for an occasional tram ride. If you plan to travel a lot and visit museums, a ZurichCARD may come in handy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2015 at 3:06:28 #842904

Thank you for the help, Arno!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2015 at 19:16:50 #842905

HI I was wondering if you know what type of pass would be best for me
    Traveling from Zurich>Lucerne>Wengen. We will stay in Wengen but want to do hiking/trips to Jungfrau, Interlaken, Murren, Grindelwald etc
    And so I believe these are regional/more local trains

And the last day back to Zurich to get the plane home.

I am having trouble figuring out the type of pass to get, and where (now online? where? or IN Switzerland?)

Thanks for your help!

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 May 2015 at 8:26:17 #842906

Hi GFire,

The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi I mentioned above is a good option for you as well. The transfer to Wengen and back to Zurich is included. Further local trips are 50% discounted. Please find the details, purchase options, etc. on myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket.

Buying online is cheaper and more convenient (click to the Price section on the mentioned page, and select the Combi pass, to see all details). This particular pass is not for sale in Switzerland anyway. In your case (the US), you can best get it from either raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-transfer-ticket-with-half-fare-card-combi/index.html or raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-transfer-ticket-half-fare.

Alternatively, there are regional passes. It depends on your exact day trips, and how long you stay, whether they are a better option. You can do the math in detail if you wish.

Enjoy the Jungfrau region!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2015 at 12:16:29 #842907

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Travel Pass Help – Zurich to Jungfrau Region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.