Swiss Travel Pass must be printed on A4?

• Aprilhusband
    Participant
    10 posts
    4 July 2018 at 17:55:32 #817076

Hello, I’m travelling to Brienz later this month with my wife. We have purchased our travel passes and printed them.

Is it possible for us to print them off at a smaller size ie A5 or do they have to be A4?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2018 at 18:40:10 #890216

Hi Aprilhusband,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I recommend to stick to what the suppliers recommend, which is A4 or ‘Letter’ for travelers from North America. The risk of a smaller printout is that the QR-code will also be smaller and I don’t know if that can cause scanning issues on the trains. You can fold the paper as long as you don’t fold the QR-code, so it will fit in a wallet.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass must be printed on A4?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.