Pass for 8 yr/old – Jungfrau region & from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2017 at 16:43:17 #812781

Hi

in a previous post I stated about purchasing the jungfrau 6 day pass soon for myself as we will be staying in the area. I forgot to ask what pass my 8 year old is best getting so he can travel from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen return as well as enjoying jungfrau region. I am getting standard tickets for travel from and to Zurich. Surely I don’t need a junior card and a jungfrau kids pass which sounds silly to me. I am confused.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 July 2017 at 17:14:45 #867576

Hi Jimmydee,

No, you don’t need both the Junior Travelcard and the children’s Jungfrau Travel Pass. It’s explained at the price page Arno linked to in your previous post. Since you’ll also have to travel from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen, just a Junior Travelcard will be fine. It gets your 8 year old free traveling throughout the country, including the Jungfrau region. The downloadable map at myswissalps.com/junior travelcard/validity shows the area of validity.

Does this answer your question?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2017 at 19:38:36 #867577

Thanks. It was a bit confusing that’s all the wording on some passes. Off in a few weeks very excited

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2017 at 22:01:29 #867578

I am upgrading my pass to the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland as seems far better value for 8 days now I’ve got my itinerary sorted. I am a bit disappointed though that I need to purchase a kids pass to at 30CHF on top of the junior card as it says the junior card is not accepted when using the bernese pass. Oh well

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2017 at 10:19:58 #867579

Yes, you must buy the child version of the Regional Pass-Bernese Oberland. If you have already bought the Junior card you can still use it for travel from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen. It would still be cheaper (normally) than buying a point to point ticket (you need your own ticket for the Junior card to be valid).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Pass for 8 yr/old – Jungfrau region & from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.