Rail passes for car traveler in Switzerland?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MezzaNewbs
MezzaNewbs
15 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 1:09 AM

Hi all...

my husband & I will be driving driving around Switzerland for 2 weeks mid September... we are driving from Stelvio pass thro andermatt to lauterbrunnen (2-3 days her) and then onto Zermatt.

Our focus will be these two areas with trips to Jungfraujoch Shilton and the Matterhorn and others

Im thinking the Swiss half farecard maybe our best option (we may check out few other gondolas / cable cars etc in other areas) .

does this sound the best option?

cheets

MezzaNewbs

Lucas
Lucas
9644 posts
expert &
Apr 28, 2018 - 2:24 AM in reply to MezzaNewbs

Hi MezzaNewbs,

Yes, without doing the math I would say most of the time the Swiss Half Fare Card is the best rail pass for those traveling by car - you're still wanting to take trips by train / cable car and it is handy for that.

In the end it will depend on how many trips you end up doing that requires ticket purchases.
If you want to do the math to know for sure look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018