May 30, 2018 - 6:22 AM
Dear All, I am travelling with my kiddos & DH from Southwest US into Zurich and had a few questions of you frequent travelers & locals :)
1. Given that where I live in US is about 13hrs behind Zurich and we will be taking 2 flights to get to Zurich which is close to 14/15 hr flight, I think it is only natural that we will have jet lag. How do you guys manage it ?
2. We need to store 2 of the 4 large suitcases (29 inches) for about a week, because taking them around switzerland doesn't seem to be a good idea. Thinking of using left luggage service at the airport. Am I on the right track here ?
3. We plan on buying the Swiss passes (with 2 added cards for our kiddos) at the Zurich main station. Is that a good idea or should we buy them online ahead of time ? Is the train ride from the airport to railway station free ?
4. On the onward train journey to Wengen we will be carrying 2 large suitcases & a couple of bagpacks. Is there an easy way to stow the luggage on train ? Also, the sbb website tells us that we need to switch 3 trains - how easy is to lug the luggage around between platforms ?
5. I am certain that kiddos will get hungry in the close to 3hr train ride .. do railway stations offer snacks, small meals ? If we were to sit n eat, is Bern a good station to do that ?
Thanks again guys !!