Swiss Travel Pass for Mt. Titlis from Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2018 at 2:13:56 #814148

Hi,

We are family of 4 ,me ,wife ,kid (13 year ) and my mother in law (61 year old ).

I am planning to stay in Lucern and travel to nearby attractions like Mount Titlis , Jungfrau , Pitlus , Intertalen . I heard buying Swiss Travel pass is most economical way to travel in Switzerland.

Can I use Swiss Travel pass to travel to above locations? Or I need to buy any other additional train tickets to visit above locations?

One day each locations is enough ? Or can club any two near by locations in one day?

Are there any additional tickets to visit these locations?

Kiran

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2018 at 7:42:36 #875146

Hi Kirin and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can see which routes and mountains are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here. (Map and list of mountains & train trips).

If the pass doesn’t cover a mountain fully (IE 50% discount to Mt. Titlis from Engelberg & 25% off to Jungfraujoch from Wengen or Grindelwald) you will need to buy an extra ticket with the discount for that portion of the trip.

I would stick to one mountain per day generally but it is up to how much travel each day you want to do and how much time you want to spend at each mountain. But Titlis and Pilatus could be combined into one day fairly reasonably if you like. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2018 at 9:06:07 #875147

Thanks a lot Lucas for your quick reply.

One more thing please

I checked the time table of Swiss Rail for May to travel from Luzern to Interlaken but doesn’t show any train.Also I checked in another app i.e. Rome to Rio , it shows Luzern to Interlaken train is once in week only.Is it really once a week ?

Kiran

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 January 2018 at 10:00:23 #875148

More like once per hour! Are you checking the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

You can’t buy tickets yet for May. But if you have a Swiss Travel Pass you won’t need a ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2018 at 11:14:29 #875149

Thank you so much.

Your reply is helpful,☺️

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 7:49:06 #875150

I just did this trip a few weeks ago with my family and one thing I was surprised about was how long it took to get to Mt Titlis on the perfect day we had as we queued with skiers to get on the final revolving gondola. Over an hour in several queues! We caught a 8.30 am morning train from Lucerne and got back about 3 pm although did spend 1-2 hrs in Wengen on return which was great. Personally I found the mix of mountains and villages great. We went via Grindelwald and back via Wengen and Lauterbrunnen so could have stopped at any. We had 1/2 price cards. It all makes more sense when you’re there I found also. Julia

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 January 2018 at 9:38:57 #875151

Hi Julia,

You went from Titlis to Wengen?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 9:49:27 #875152

You’re right- I’ve mixed up my mountains- that was the Jungfrau day! Just as well I’m not a Swiss forum travel expert! The comments around the queues and skiers and Titlis still stand. Sorry for the confusion

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for Mt. Titlis from Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.